Why become a member? ×

My new Bravewood Bass (photos)

police squad

Or you could say, it's a fake, depending on your perspective.

The guy is obviously very skilled, and I don't think he's out to fool anyone but it doesn't seem to stop with the external features. IIRC, I've seen one of his creations, a 'replica' of a 60s Jazz, which had an authentic looking neck stamp.

There's potential for deception, whether intended or not, once an instrument has changed hands a few times over the years.

It's a Bravewood, not a Fender, and should be clearly labelled as such.

Edited by rodney72a

[quote name='rodney72a' timestamp='1354065700' post='1881757']

The guy is obviously very skilled, and I don't think he's out to fool anyone but it doesn't seem to stop with the external features. IIRC, I've seen one of his creations, a 'replica' of a 60s Jazz, which had an authentic looking neck stamp.

There's potential for deception, whether intended or not, once an instrument has changed hands a few times over the years.

[/quote]

is it soapbox time!!

if you knew anything about vintage fenders you would know it's not an original.
The date in the pickup cavity is the biggest giveaway.

• 4 weeks later...

I hadnt even heard of Bravewood basses until a few days ago on this site. His website is very cool and his work is outstanding!

Your bass is stunning, congratulations.

Btw do you do the full Sting thing, i.e. sing as well as play the bass?? Its one thing replicating Stings bass parts - but a whole different story trying to emulate his vocals! I speak from bitter experience of playing Police covers lol.

[quote name='rodney72a' timestamp='1354065700' post='1881757']

[/quote]

*yawn*

There's always one.... ;)

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1356269365' post='1908556']
I hadnt even heard of Bravewood basses until a few days ago on this site. His website is very cool and his work is outstanding!

Your bass is stunning, congratulations.

Btw do you do the full Sting thing, i.e. sing as well as play the bass?? Its one thing replicating Stings bass parts - but a whole different story trying to emulate his vocals! I speak from bitter experience of playing Police covers lol.
[/quote]

yes, I try and go the whole hog.
I even try to match outfits with the different basses.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WynWzIiixYM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WynWzIiixYM[/url]

I haven't got any pictures of the new bass in action as it's only done one gig. Pics have been taken but I've not seen them yet.
It's a great bass, it almost plays itself and the neck feels perfect

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1356332338' post='1909203']
yes, I try and go the whole hog.
I even try to match outfits with the different basses.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WynWzIiixYM[/media]

I haven't got any pictures of the new bass in action as it's only done one gig. Pics have been taken but I've not seen them yet.
It's a great bass, it almost plays itself and the neck feels perfect
[/quote]

Good job...great vocals and a really nice band you have there. Nice and tight!

Enjoy the beautiful new bass and play it healthy!

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1356515816' post='1910594']
Nice, but the drummer needs to up his game. No octobans, no gong drum. Shocking :)
[/quote]
actually the octobans are to the side, on his left. They are clear acrylic and not so easy to see (and belong to the guitarist)
But the gong drum would be fab.

Poor bloke can't afford to do it. Even the Andy Summers tele (that's on it stand and not being played) belongs to me.

If only Stewart and Andy would join!! (I tweeted Stewart about us and he replied, so at least he knows about us)