Why become a member? ×

fulltone mosfet bass driver on the way

ahpook

[quote name='vegas_hooker' post='195585' date='May 9 2008, 05:34 PM']How would I do this? Im running mine 9v and it sounds great, but Id like to hear the difference.

I dont have a Diago which I think Toasted mentioned has an add on for 18v (IIRC)[/quote]

Yes It'll work on 9v obviously and it's good at that voltage but the range gets much better with 18v. I'm afraid I do use the Diago power supply with an 18v adaptor.

Isn't the Diago 18v adaptor just like a lead with a dc socket at one end and a plug at the other, so you can use it with any power supply that has a high enough current rating? The Godlyke Power Pump does the same thing but has adjustable voltage but you can only get em shipped over from the US. I was thinking of getting one of these to power a 12v DHA pedal off of a 9v daisy chain but I'm not sure how well it'd work.

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='196152' date='May 10 2008, 06:23 PM']Isn't the Diago 18v adaptor just like a lead with a dc socket at one end and a plug at the other, so you can use it with any power supply that has a high enough current rating?[/quote]

Just had a look at it and you're right so I guess the adaptor would work with any suitable power supply as you say.

[quote name='Muppet' post='196004' date='May 10 2008, 03:05 PM']Yes It'll work on 9v obviously and it's good at that voltage but the range gets much better with 18v. I'm afraid I do use the Diago power supply with an 18v adaptor.[/quote]

Can you elaborate on this please- When you say range what do you mean? My Bassdrive has become an essential part of my rig, talk of this 18v powering excites me! :)

[quote name='thumbo' post='196236' date='May 10 2008, 09:43 PM']Can you elaborate on this please- When you say range what do you mean? My Bassdrive has become an essential part of my rig, talk of this 18v powering excites me! :)[/quote]

Sure

The trademark sound from the unit is much the same but there's a greater range in that the transition from clean to fully overdriven if that makes sense so fine tuning is much easier. essentially you can get more variations in a distored sound.

Also with 18v it's much cleaner or clearer than on 9v and there're much more headroom available on both the regular and boosted channel.

Don't get me wrong though, 9v is excellent, I'm not suggesting that the pedal underperforms with 9v, cos it doesn't.

[quote name='Muppet' post='196265' date='May 10 2008, 11:08 PM']Sure

The trademark sound from the unit is much the same but there's a greater range in that the transition from clean to fully overdriven if that makes sense so fine tuning is much easier. essentially you can get more variations in a distored sound.

Also with 18v it's much cleaner or clearer than on 9v and there're much more headroom available on both the regular and boosted channel.

Don't get me wrong though, 9v is excellent, I'm not suggesting that the pedal underperforms with 9v, cos it doesn't.[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying, I'll have to try out an 18v PSU with mine now!

well i tried it out at practise this afternoon and i'm just amazed.

it sounds amazing - not one issue with loss of bass and the overdrive is thick and meaty.

basically i'm running the overdrive fairly low and using the the boost function to dial in a much heavier sound. the various switching options give subtle, but noticable changes...

i wish i'd splashed the cash ages ago tbh.

can't wait to try it though my new cab !!!

Edited by ahpook