Why become a member? ×

More Ebay problems.

RhysP

Last week I sold my Zon Legacy fretless on Ebay.
I posted the bass off to the buyer Wednesday & he received it Thursday. I hear nothing from the buyer until Friday night when, only after my contacting him, he informs me that the bass is buzzing unacceptably & the he feels the fretline markers are a different radius to the fingerboard & this is causing the problem.

I've had this bass for years & have never had any trouble at all with it so find it hard to believe that something so catastrophic has suddenly happened to it. I have offered him a refund if he returns the bass to me but now say that he intends to get a luthier to look at it on Monday.

I've notified Ebay that the buyer thinks there is a problem even though it was in a perfectly playable state when I posted it & that I've offered him a refund.

I've just got a bad feeling about it, like I'm going to be hit with a make-believe repair bill just so the guy can try & get some money off me.

I really don't need sh*t like this at the moment, my life is enough of a nightmare as it is.

It is such a shame this sort of thing happens.

I also sold a fretless on eBay last week.

A lady came and picked it up on Friday night and left good feedback today.

It is why I do not post. I actually recieved a guitar with a broken neck four years ago.
I felt sorry for the seller and claimed on the insurance.

When there is a scam, thats when it all turns sour.

Also had a buyer pay by PayPal and then after picking up the bass, reversed the payment. It was hastle getting the bass back.
So, cash on collection only for me these days.

Good luck in getting it resolved.

I sold a motorbike a month or two and the guy who bid it up and won never showed up, he had previous form for doing it as he had done it with a few cars including an MG and a alfa romeo I got left with a final value fee and had to go through loads of rigmarole to claim it back. annoying thing is when ebay have refunded my final value fee before they refund it to your account which means all you can do with it is use it to sell stuff on ebay which is a bit useless if you are short of cash and only sell when you need to get some money. also it is hard to leave neg feedback for the guy, the previous victims had left warnings in the positive feedback section as you dont have the option for negative until you have gone through even more rigmarole, it sucks, i still use it though as it is invaluable for buying and selling rare and regular items.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1351360212' post='1850551']
Last week I sold my Zon Legacy fretless on Ebay.
I posted the bass off to the buyer Wednesday & he received it Thursday. I hear nothing from the buyer until Friday night when, only after my contacting him, he informs me that the bass is buzzing unacceptably & the he feels the fretline markers are a different radius to the fingerboard & this is causing the problem.

I've had this bass for years & have never had any trouble at all with it so find it hard to believe that something so catastrophic has suddenly happened to it. I have offered him a refund if he returns the bass to me but now say that he intends to get a luthier to look at it on Monday.

I've notified Ebay that the buyer thinks there is a problem even though it was in a perfectly playable state when I posted it & that I've offered him a refund.

I've just got a bad feeling about it, like I'm going to be hit with a make-believe repair bill just so the guy can try & get some money off me.

I really don't need sh*t like this at the moment, my life is enough of a nightmare as it is.
[/quote] Ebay dont give an ess haitch one tee, as long as they get their final value fees, i's a nightmare all these people running scams, Ive had trouble when selling cameras before, they buy it now then you never hear from them again

Well, the buyer has just contacted me to say he is going to keep the bass "And sort out any problems himself".

I just don't get it though - I've had this bass for years & have done plenty of session work with it - if the fret lines were as he says the bass would be unplayable. I gave it a final play just before packing it & it was perfect.

I know I should be happy with that outcome but I'm really pissed off about the whole thing - there was NOTHING wrong with that bass when it left me.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1351440429' post='1851210']
Well, the buyer has just contacted me to say he is going to keep the bass "And sort out any problems himself".[/quote]
Maybe he's a member or lurker on here and could see he'd get...
[quote name='hollywoodrox' timestamp='1351362510' post='1850588']ess haitch one tee[/quote] for it & changed his tack?

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1351440737' post='1851221']
You know there was nothing wrong and I think that you will probably join the 'pick up only' club now!

Glad it turned out ok :)
[/quote]

Cheers.

The annoying thing was I did everything I could to discourage people wanting it posted - I offered a discount for picking up & paying cash, and also charged extra for a case if posting was required.
Definitely "Pick up only" from now on......

It's a shame as I always see stuff I like that is pick up only and it is never where I live, BTW did anyone buy a white headless bass on ebay today, it was a riverside, I had a snipe going just before it finished at about £127 it eventually went at £142 I couldn't justify going any higher shame though as it was white like my others something about a white bass, I should have gone a bit higher as the hard/flight case looked worth £50

[quote name='bassbora' timestamp='1351457191' post='1851449']
This exactly is the reason why I only buy stuff on basschat. I feel that everyone here is genuine and you can trust that we are not trying anything on (I think that is true in most cases).
[/quote]

That is very true.
Ebay was very much a last resort - I'd had the Zon for sale on here for quite a while but unfortunately nobody was interested.

[quote]the fretline markers are a different radius to the fingerboard[/quote]

That makes no sense at all. That would make them sticking out of the board or sunk into it at the ends or the middle. But if you've offered a refund if returned, in ebay message record, and he goes and has it fiddled with, then he loses, just need to be clear and polite in the comms, and highlight and submit them in a case if one gets opened.