Why become a member? ×

Christian CELINDER Custom 6-string Bass: sold

eubassix

[size=5][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000]Got this via a trade. [/color][/font][/size][size=5][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][b]£sold[/b][/color][/font][/size]

Edited by eubassix

The quality of Celinders work is outstanding - there are very few luthiers on the planet that work with such precision and devotion to perfection. There's also something different about the way that a Celinder sits in the hand - attention to ergonimics is pretty much beyond anything else that I've tried. This is a great price for what is surely an outstanding instrument.

[quote name='eubassix' timestamp='1351786238' post='1855397']
11.3 lbs. on the digi-scales; I'll add this to the OP
[/quote]

That's not bad!! I was expecting 14lbs, I've heard a 5 string one of these in person with the 36" scale it's a one and only kinda bass - very versatile

Edited by Schnozzalee

• 2 weeks later...

It looks quite similar, yes. When I talked to Chris Celinder a long time ago about his Custom basses he told me that the design of his Custom Series had a lot to do with the overall balance of the bass, especially when you consider the prolonged length of a 36" neck. I reckon that this "balance and design element" is seen in both Celinders and Tylers, as you posted above, but also in e.g. older Tobias and Tung basses.

If you keep on bumpin' your Celinder I just might have to buy it! :)

- Chris

Edited by HallBass

You're welcome :)

And I'm shure you're right - your Celinder Custom is probably the only one made with a 34" neck ... and that's why I'm even more tempted by it. I opted for a Celinder Jazz Update back in '98 because the neck length of the Custom Series were simply too long for me - or my arms are too short ;)

If I decide to make a move on the bass I'll send you a PM ... but I will keep an eye on this baby!

- Chris

• 2 weeks later...