Why become a member? ×

Lindo Jazz and Precision basses!

curlywurly

I had the good fortune to play a Lindo Jazz and Precision bass at the Bristol Guitar Show the other weekend. Has anyone else tried a Lindo Jazz or Precision bass before? I have a Squier Jazz deluxe and a Fender P bass. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the build of these basses. The neck profile on the Jazz and precision was perfect. I was also very impressed with the cosmetics of the guitars, especially for the price! Great value for your money and perfect for beginners and intermediate players!!!!

I built an a fretless out of spare parts to test a few ideas, I used Jazz pickups from a Lindo "Red Tiger" bass.
My intention was to use the "Triggers Broom principal" ie built it with whatever bits come to hand , replacing parts as better ones come available, until all of the original parts are gone.
The pickups were a big surprize- superb output and tone, exactly what i was after (slightly higher output than my Fender even with nylon coated strings)
I may get through six necks and four bodies but the Lindo pickups will stay.

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' timestamp='1350998270' post='1845998']
"Triggers Broom principal" ie built it with whatever bits come to hand , replacing parts as better ones come available, until all of the original parts are gone.
[/quote]

Ha! Never heard this before.... but just realised that my BitsaP is actually a Triggers Broom Bass (3 necks, 2 scratch plates, 3 pickups, all the electrics.... just the body, BBOT bridge and earth wire to go.....).

Is the current version of Dr Feelgood the ultimate Triggers Broom band? :)

Apologies for the derail.

Edited by Fuzzbass2000

I bought a Lindo p-bass as my first bass to try out. It did the job for a short time and gave me a baseline (haha) to work with when buying a better bass. My next was CV60 jazz which was like night a day... They are not great but do a job at their price point nothing more or less IMHO.

Are you sure you don't work for them ? ;-)

[quote name='Gilby' timestamp='1351351170' post='1850456']
Regardless as to wether the op is spamming or not, I'm certain that any guitar taken to a show as a demo piece is going to be cherry picked from stock, set up and fret dressed immaculately.
What arrives in the box is another story altogether.
[/quote]

A little common sense creeping into an internet forum ? We will have none of that here sir (or madam), get back to the traditional spleen venting that is expected on forums.

[quote name='grumble' timestamp='1351383507' post='1850775']

A little common sense creeping into an internet forum ? We will have none of that here sir (or madam), get back to the traditional spleen venting that is expected on forums.
[/quote]

I apologise profusely sir.

Why would anyone want to buy a cheap musical instrument with such a crap manufacturers name in the first place? No wonder there's a market for fecker decals !

Edited by Gilby