Why become a member? ×

****NOW SOLD G&L 5 string USA L2500 NOW SOLD****

Tone le Bone

[font="Verdana"][size=4][size=5][size=3][size=2][font="Verdana"]I have a G&L Cherry burst 5 string bass for sale which is in absolute mint condition. I am gutted, as this is probably one of the best looking basses I have ever seen and owned, but sadly I dont play, or do this bass justice any more. :) I play a Stingray in my band, and my 5 string G&L has become redundant, but rather than keep her in a guitar case hidden forever, I would rather see her being played. [/font]
[font="Verdana"]I will offer a discount to BASSCHAT members, this bass was recently advertised for £850 on Ebay. However I am willing to sell for £750.[/font][/size][size=3][/size][/size][/size][/size]

This is a USA, fully authenticated, with a certificate matching the serial number of the bass together with the original sale tickets, G&L brochures and G&L hard case. it has the most fantastic wood grain I have seen on a bass, and comes complete with a burred maple neck and HIPSHOT tuners. The allround tonal sound you get from this bass is absolutely fantastic.

Please feel free to try before you buy, this bass is mint!

Collection in person prefered. I am based in Surrey.

Tone le Bone[/font]

Edited by Tone le Bone

This is God's way of tormenting me.

Had £750 and wanted a mint G & L L2500 - unfortunately 2/3 of cash blown last week on Ray's MIA Fretless Jazz. Bugger.............
MIA P bass and £250?
Never mind - maybe next time.

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='Tone le Bone' post='194927' date='May 8 2008, 07:26 PM'][font="Verdana"]Thanks for the comments guys, and yes [b]martthebass[/b] "God is obviously a bass player", lets hope he buys it! :huh: [/font]
[font="Verdana"]Now if you had a 4 string DJ in black, then I could be pursuaded. :) [/font][/quote]

'Fraid not TleB, just got rid of the DJ5 and the Bob Glaub and kept the MIA Precision - there's a lesson in there somewhere.

Thats a beauty--Ive a L2000 in black but thats the nicest G&L ive seen yet----Id have snapped it up but just got a Lakland 55-02----dont suppose youre interested in a Warwick Corvette Double Buck as a trade?

[quote name='aido43' post='194982' date='May 8 2008, 08:46 PM']Thats a beauty--Ive a L2000 in black but thats the nicest G&L ive seen yet----Id have snapped it up but just got a Lakland 55-02----dont suppose youre interested in a Warwick Corvette Double Buck as a trade?[/quote]

Afraid not, I have been down the Warwick road, had a fantastic Streamer Stage1, which I loved, but again too mellow for my band. The best thing about playing is buying and selling and trying all these basses out to see what fits your sound and feel.
Good luck with your sale.
T le B.

[quote name='dougal' post='200037' date='May 15 2008, 11:24 PM']Trade for a Bongo HH ?

[/quote]
Hi Dougal,
Sorry for late reply, been rather busy.
Afriad not, am looking for a Fender P/J or Lakland DJ 4 string. My misses is looking for the money for a new shower :)
Cheers,
Tony

• 2 weeks later...