Why become a member? ×

Lakland Duck Dunn

loudandclear

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='194391' date='May 8 2008, 07:31 AM']Dave

Am I imagining things or didn't you have a Darkstar DD?

Peter[/quote]

Hmm, I'm sure I remember drooling over it...

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='194391' date='May 8 2008, 07:31 AM']Dave

Am I imagining things or didn't you have a Darkstar DD?

Peter[/quote]

My DD did have a Dark Star (factory fitted, probably prototype) but the sound was much too dark and overdriven for me so I've taken it out and have fitted a Wizard Classic 64. Now I think it sounds more like a P but still very bright compared with my '78 Fender P.

Dark Star is for sale in my eBay Store.

[quote name='spree' post='194681' date='May 8 2008, 01:53 PM']where?[/quote]

Miraculously it was sold within minutes of my post here. The power of Basschat. :)

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='194734' date='May 8 2008, 03:08 PM']Maaaaaaaan... I've been holding out for about year on finding a Dark Star pup second hand. :) Oh well...

Can I ask why you decided to replace it with a Wizard?[/quote]

I used it quite a bit but there was something about the sound that didn't do it for me. It's a very powerful pick-up and the distance between the strings and the pole pieces on the DD was very small so I think it was overloading or something. I just love the feel of the bass, especially the neck and wanted a much more traditional P-bass sound which is better suited to the music I play. I have a '78 P with a Jazz neck which is a bit like a broom handle and this has a lovely tone so I want the DD to sound like that. I'm not there yet. Have to try a Lindy next. I regret selling the one I had.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='194329' date='May 8 2008, 12:18 AM']If it's still there, Watch out for the "Closing Down Sale".......[/quote]

MB1. :)
Feeling that could be a BIG.......IF! :huh: