Why become a member? ×

looking for something similar!

0175westwood29

as you can see from my sig ive got an swr headlite.

well this past week my metal band hhad its first gig and i had to use the venues backline, wasnt at all bad was a hartke xl 410 and a gk backline 600(i think?) problem is i realised how much the compressor in the headlite helps me get a more tight tone.

so im wondering if theres a pedal version? or something close to it? hopefully nothing to in depth i mean the headlite is just a one knob comp so ideally be looking for something similar as im guessing the attack and realise on the headlite are preset?

im mainly thinking if i have to use someone elses amp i can dial in a bit of comp.

andy

compression pedal?

(or, cheekily my bass pod has a pretty decent compressor on it...... even if you just used it for that and DI. Though if you were using someone else's amp you could plug it in thier effect return and use it as a pre amp..... oohh look I have one for sale ;) )

though I'm sure there are other pedals - part of it will be the "sound" of the amp too.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1350499657' post='1839803']
compression pedal?

(or, cheekily my bass pod has a pretty decent compressor on it...... even if you just used it for that and DI. Though if you were using someone else's amp you could plug it in thier effect return and use it as a pre amp..... oohh look I have one for sale ;) )

though I'm sure there are other pedals - part of it will be the "sound" of the amp too.
[/quote]

yeh i now i need a comp pedal, but i dnt want one with loads of knobs on it!

was hoping id be able to find something with similar presets. what the dyna comp like on bass?

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1350500392' post='1839816']

was hoping id be able to find something with similar presets. what the dyna comp like on bass?

andy
[/quote]
http://www.ovnilab.com/reviews/rossclones.shtml

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1350500392' post='1839816']

andy
[/quote] can't fault me for trying :D it's only got one that says "compression" on it!

If I were looking for a compression pedal a the trace elliot SMX pedal would be high on the list...

Demeter Compulator - 2 knobs (plus a trim pot on the side to adjust the treshold to match the level of your instrument) and very bass-friendly. I've got one and love it, does the job brilliantly, also in drop tunings and a 5-string. I want to swap it for the MXR M87, just because I plug different basses (and guitars) into it, with VERY different signal levels, and that trim pot is a bit difficult to adjust every time. When I was shopping for the compressor and trying different ones, the Compulator was my favourite sound-wise though (I admit I didn't have a chance to try a Diamond or Rothwell), sort of tidies the signal up and makes it more focused without changing the general tone of the bass.