Why become a member? ×

MOD please remove Item SOLD 6 X 10 cab DIY project ?15 skwid

jhk

This cab is for all intents and purposes pretty much unusable.Some of the speakers make a sound ,but as you will see from pics, a less than arid garage has adorned the speakers with a curious organic covering.
This was going to be one of those projects we all think we will complete!
I was going to replace speakers,tidy it up blah!blah! .................
never found time. However there may those amongst you who have much more fortitude than me!
If that`s you the cab can be yours ,as is ,for say £15.
Its big and heavy but as I work as a driver I can normally get it to South London,or southern home counties or brighton area for a cup of tea as long as you are sure you want it e.g. I dont want to cart it around for display purposes.
Alternatively,I`ll swap it for empty 2 X 10 or 1 X 12 or 2 X 12 bass cabs.
Or PM me with your suggestions .... no rude ones please.

Edited by jhk

• 3 weeks later...

Down to £15 although I feel no one is beating a path to my door.
Maybe the bump will remind viewers ,and ,those who perhaps have the swap i suggested.

This looks like an Ohm cabinet. As long as none of the drivers is blown (unlikely), this is quite fix-up-able. The 'organic' material is nothing more than dust. It collects on speakers with fixed grilles because it can easily get through the holes and you can't get a brush in there to remove it. You need to lever off each grille with a flat screwdriver and then brush away the thick layer of dust. It might need a damp cloth in places, too.

If you want to go the whole hog, use a Plastikote black satin spray to tidy up the chassis. Then derust (sandpaper and Kurust) the metal grilles and spray with Plastikote. Use a slightly watered down PVA glue to recoat the surrounds (2 coats), as these will have dried out, especially beneath the dust.

Replace the grilles using a bead of a Flash Bonder around the chassis. It's available from your local B&Q or Focus. If the speakers need reparing, you could contact the manufacturer at: [url="http://www.audioloudspeakers.co.uk/tayden.shtml"]http://www.audioloudspeakers.co.uk/tayden.shtml[/url]. Also, the plastic handles are available from Electrovision for about a fiver each.

A good afternoon's work should have it sorted.

I`m back at work next week and I`ll make a note of where all you interested parties are and, hopefully unite someone with a project.Thanks for your current interest!

regards

I dont want to get into geography wars here,but I`ve had pm`s from kent and surrey which won`t show on open forum.Ultimately,for the price and delivery that I`m offering, I`ll go with what will be the easiest once I find out where I`ll be next week.
Hopefully everyone will accept that with the same goodwill that I offer it.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

At the last moment a potential buyer pulled out.
So if there is is still any interest please Pm me and hopefully I can get this artifact moved on.

• 1 month later...

Due to change of circumstance for some of the potential takers ,I still have this monster to get rid of.
If anyone still has an interest in the cab please pm me ,discreetly,with perhaps your mobile number and lets try and find this cab a home!
you guys in luton and bristol I`m still aware of but alas Ive not been down your way,but If you send me your mob`s
discreetly I`ll call if I go nearby.
Unfortunately I get little notice until the day,as to where I`m going!

regards to all

• 3 months later...

Its been awhile but I`ve still got this thing in my garage.Apologies to those who expressed an interest before but a combination of geography,logistics ,and people deciding otherwise means I still need to move this on.Any new or older interest ................... please contact me.Its as was with condition of cab and possible drop off by myself.

generally speaking its daily from brighton to london and during day taking in home counties eg kent herts middx bucks berks hants surrey.................... then sometimes north or wales or cornwall etc but these are less predictable

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='321179' date='Nov 3 2008, 06:40 PM']I remember talking to you about this, I was in Brighton last Thursday and totally forgot about it.

Oh well I have bought an Ohm cab from Stevie anyway.[/quote]

Which received the treatment I described earlier, although it didn't look quite that bad to start with.