Why become a member? ×

Hey, new lady bassist from Staffs

Sarah5string

Hey all, my name's Sarah. I'm 22 and live in south Staffordshire. I've been playing bass on and off for around 5 years with breaks to have kids and get married.. you know... the usual excuses :) I'm currently in Cannock based band ThisIsNotAnExit which is a mix of hard rock and metal, kind of pantera/down/alter bridge-esque. Our myspace is www.myspace.com/thisisnotanexituk but we haven't got any songs up yet.. just waiting for the EQ to be sorted so it won't be long. Watch this space!

Current gear..
OLP Traben TB4 4 String - Red with mirrored flame scratchplate
Shine SB55 5 String - Green with wood effect
Laney RBW300 Bass Amp - 165w Combo
Zoom B2 multi effects pedal.
Oh... and for those who care.. I play with a pick :huh:

Take it easy,
Sarah

Hi Sarah! Welcome to basschat :)

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='193067' date='May 6 2008, 04:51 PM']OLP Traben TB4 4 String - Red with mirrored flame scratchplate[/quote]

It's an OLP at the same time as being a Traben? Not seen them before! As long as it has the lovely shiny flames though, that's awesome!

Thanks. We're currently using Sonar and a Line 6 midi keyboard to record everything. Sounds pretty good so far. :) If anyone wants a sneaky listen pm me your email and I'll fling it over. Not 100% finished but the track just needs the EQ levelling out and the singer wants to rerecord his vocals before we post it on the myspace.

Hey Sarah, great to see another bassgirl on here. :) Mewsie, Pris, Endorka, Inca, Jojobass and GSTRing all get some company. In fact I'm going to start a new thread so y'all can reach out. :huh:

EDIT: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18916"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18916[/url]

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='193125' date='May 6 2008, 05:44 PM']Welcome

A bass looks great on a lady dontcha think?? Not being sexist here it just does

We need more female bassists in here

and once again....welcome

Col[/quote]
You mean we need more female bassists with pictures in here, yeees?

[quote name='Bassmurf' post='193657' date='May 7 2008, 09:51 AM']Hello and welcome! I think there is a lady bassist from my town that uses a Traben as well! They look pretty cool - good to play?[/quote]
It's not bad at all! Feels great to play and is more poppy and funky than my shine, great for pop or lighter rock.... lol.