Why become a member? ×

Confused about pedalboard options

Jack

Hey guys.

I'm trying to find a pedalboard to hold all my pedals (well, duh :-) ). I don't need much space, just a volume, a few drive pedals and a compressor. What I'd like, ideally is:

Some neat cable tidying or routing methods.

A bag or case of some sort. (Otherwise I'd just go with the planks of wood approach)

Ideally, but this is pushing it, internal connectors. I don't know exactly what they're called but I'd like to plug the instrument and amp cables into the board itself rather than the first and last pedals. I haven't explained that well have I?

Oh, and fairly cheap. Like not more than £100 for the board and the power supply. I was looking at those mixer cases from esr that Charic mentions in his thread. I think they're winning so far assuming the lid comes off completely. What's everyone using? Are those Gator case/pedalboard combos any good? The GTP-Pro?

Thanks in advance. Pedals I'm pretty cool with, never owned the board before though!
Jack

I got mine from Flightcase Warehouse online. You get a case with a detachable lid & a bit of black painted wood (which I was going to bin, but is very useable) with some cheap velcro.

You can then get some heavy duty velcro & put a couple of stoppers on the board to slope it, replace it with your own or do away with the board idea & just glue loop fabric directly in the case.

Here's some pics...

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/xgsjx/6711372259/][/url]

I'm gonna start making a design after my big project is finished (Should be pretty much done this weekend)
I'm gonna wire clip mine so the power cables are hidden & will be part of the board.

I have wored out how to do it just need the time to make it now lol

This is what I used for about 3 years. Would suits your needs perfectly. Has a cable tray to run the power cables along, you plug directly into the board from your bass/amp and it even comes with patch cables.

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/BOSS-Boss-BCB-60-Pedal-Board/dp/B000SLTV42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350045116&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.co...50045116&sr=8-1[/url]

Can be a bit of a PITA if you don't have boss pedals as you have to cut the foam to suit your needs but once you've spent the 10 mins doing it you'll save yourself a lot of time in setting up for gigs.

The case is a sturdy b*tch too.

Paul

Edited by paulpirie8

Oh that looks really good, I thought you were just going to mount the pedals straight in it though. Liking the raised idea. Do you reckon you could mount the pedals directly on the floor or would the raised lip on the front be too high?

The Diago pedalboard are good, a bit pricey but good! It comes with a long strip of sticky backed velcro, and the base of the board has the 'furry bit' on it to stick it to. Solid as a rock, and you can jump up and down on the case when its closed without a worry. This is my one when it had more pedals in it to give you an idea. It's the 'Gigman' which is the smallest and cost me £70 new.

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1350161225' post='1835407']
Here's a few pics of the work done today :)

Coming together :

[attachment=120915:IMAG0194.jpg]

The piece on the left is for the footswitch to my TC RH450 :D

Here's a pic with a couple of pedals "onboard"

[attachment=120914:IMAG0198.jpg]
[/quote]

Build Diary :) Apologies if you've already started one...

I have a few idea but want to make mine so the cables go through & under the board, it looks more simple, I simply dont have time to do a mock up but when i do I will post it up.

I'm just up to my eye balls at the moment with bloody diy project.......I am so close to finishing this off the excitement is beginning to take hold now lol