Why become a member? ×

Gretsch Electromatic G5265 Baritone/Six String Bass

NancyJohnson

Any interest in one of these? Black sparkle ([i]very [/i]sparkly), bolt on maple neck, Bigsby tremolo. Great condition.

I used it for a while as a baritone (long scale, tuned B-B...twangy) and currently it's set up in a Bass VI configuration (shortscale bass, tuned E-F...also twangy, but in a bass stylee). It's not been out of the house since I got it.

For some reason it didn't have a pick guard when I bought it, the seller had taken it off and promised to find it and forward, but it didn't happen. I'm sure you could source one online, but to be honest it never bothered me that it was missing (but hey, I would say that wouldn't I?).

I guess I'd take £275 for it.

There's no gig bag or anything - sorry.

Best
P

NB: Edited to upload photo.

Edited by NancyJohnson

There's some conjecture dependent on how you're using this as to whether the nut needs reslotting. I used it as a baritone for a while and as it came with a set of roundwound Fender Bass VI strings (92-25) I decided to give it a go with these a few weeks ago. The nut certainly hasn't needed any attention and as the bass strings as fairly low tension it's been unecessary to tweak the truss rod either.
P

It should be tuned E to E but factory default strings are too light and tuned to B.

D'Addario do a specific set for Fender Bass VI which are perfect for E tuning (same octave as bass low E). My Dad put some on his and they're an immense improvement.