Why become a member? ×

3 Statiis

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='charic' post='193169' date='May 6 2008, 06:27 PM']If only they had heads :'([/quote]

Strange thing is that after having played mainly headless basses for the last 18 years, when I play a 'headed' one I usually knock the headstock into something when I'm on stage, etc.

They really do balance better as well!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='193190' date='May 6 2008, 06:57 PM']Strange thing is that after having played mainly headless basses for the last 18 years, when I play a 'headed' one I usually knock the headstock into something when I'm on stage, etc.

They really do balance better as well![/quote]

Oh im not knocking it, as ive not tried it. I just personally find that aesthetically.. headed basses do it for me. Then again I USED to think the pbass was the ugliest bass around. Now i own and love one. Go figure

Love that middle one! I presume that's an early status.

I can't quite decide if I prefer headed or headless. I always wanted a headless bass and have one now, but I can't decide if I'd go for headed if I ordered a new one. There's something a bit un-rock n roll about no head IMO.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='192082' date='May 5 2008, 10:17 AM']All three together...

Terry's original pictures are sooo much better...

[/quote]

MB1. :)
No, im Sorry Rich! but that Kingbass just doesnt look right at ALL!.....I will of course take it off your hands for a small fee! :huh:

[quote name='Golchen' post='193216' date='May 6 2008, 07:23 PM']Love that middle one! I presume that's an early status.[/quote]

Yes, it's a 1990 "third phase" Series 2 (the one they eventually renamed the Empathy), serial no. 538, so only a few ahead of my original #402. Lovely cocobolo facing wood with cherry back - Oh, and a John East preamp, too.

[quote]MB1.
No, im Sorry Rich! but that Kingbass just doesnt look right at ALL!.....I will of course take it off your hands for a small fee![/quote]

Hmmm, not sure about that Martin! You already have one, anyway - Oh, did you see the stunning transparent red KingBass on Statii.com?

[quote]RanoFunky.
Do you have a personal favourite?[/quote]

Hmmm... Tricky - I think it has to be the KingBass. It's the second one I've had & it sounds so different to the other two. Even faster to play (and that's saying something!!!)

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='192086' date='May 5 2008, 10:24 AM']Tch tch tch.........

Shouldn't that be '3 Statii' - no 's'??

Which one do I win for pointing that out? :)[/quote]

Plural of Status is Statuses

As a rule only use 'ii' if the word ends in -ius and is a second declension Latin noun, e.g radius - radii

And don't let anyone fool you, the plural of octopus is octopuses and virus - viruses

Ahem, coat please, the one with 'smart arse Latin nerd' on the back :huh: