Why become a member? ×

BASS COLLECTION....Yes.... SGC Nanyo !......SOLD!

rogerds

I guess you all know about these... Sexton Guitar Co and all that....
Small bodied, lightweight basses made in Japan 80's and 90's before the name was taken over by cheaper Chinese products (still pretty good value for money but can't compare with the SGC Nanyo's)

Anyway - its red... 4-string... active ...P/J configuration and great for those loooong club gigs!
can't read the serial number on this one but its SB100 series - probably 90's and plays well

I would imagine the neck has been replaced at some point because it looks a (very) slightly different shade to me

these never fetch what they're worth for some reason ?why

so - this is here for just £119 plus delivery costs (would consider trades - try me....?half-decent electro acoustic 6-string G*uitar ?)

any inspection / trial

[attachment=119754:bc 01.jpg][attachment=119755:bc body 02.jpg][attachment=119756:bc sgc plate.jpg][attachment=119757:bc bridge pus.jpg][attachment=119758:bc body 01.jpg]

Edited by rogerds

That's interesting - I had an SB405 and the neck on that was a slightly different shade of white to the body.

I wonder if they maybe did batches of certain colours, mixed more paint to do another batch which could be slightly different then used bodies and necks from different batches, hence the slightly different colour

Edited by Delberthot

That's a great price, even if you're right about the neck-swop. Not convinced about that BTW - I can't remember ever seeing these basses getting "parted out". Is there any evidence apart from the colour matching?

It would probably help to give people an idea of where you're based, especially if you're inviting them to try it. It's hard to play one of these and then tell yourself it's the equivalent of a bottom-of-the-range Encore or Westfield!

thanks for that ... maybe you're right - i do have 3 (!) more (including a sgc nanyo from Korea! - i think they moved there for a short time after the factory in Japan was destroyed ?) and they all seem to match well.... but i've never taken the neck off (any of them -- all set soooo well !)
ps - in sunny (!) Poole on the south coast......

would love to 'trade' for cash ;) !..... unlikely in current climate i guess...
otherwise.. trade / px
maybe a small (but 'giggable') combo ???
half decent electro acoustic ???
something bass-wise to excite me ??
why??

and thanks 'spoombung' -- indeed they are nice!

Hi,

I know that it's a bit uncouth to come busting straight in with your first forum post in the classifieds section but I saw this and had to get in touch.
I'm looking for a decent 'first bass' for a friend of mine who's always wanted to have a go at bass playing. We've discussed it and given that he'll probably be taking most of his first steps on the path whilst sitting in front of a computer something small and shapely like this would probably be the very dabs..

Would you still have it ? and if so where might you be ? (might be able to collect)
If it helps I promise I'll go and introduce myself later and I've been over on the Musicradar forum as DrBob for years now !

Look forward to hearing from you

[quote name='rogerds' timestamp='1350034349' post='1833713']
welcome to the forum drbob! PhD / Med / wishful thinking ?? ;)
not uncouth at all...
still available and i'm in sunny (at he moment for a change...) Poole on the south coast
will pm you for any further chat
[/quote]

Back at you :)