Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Matamp 212 Custom Cab

Billy Apple

[u][b]FOR SALE[/b][/u]

One 4ohm 400watt Matamp 212 custom built cab in black basket weave tolex with white piping and salt n' pepper grille cloth. Loaded with Celestion BL12-200-X drivers.

[u][b]SPECS[/b][/u]

4ohm 400watt and loaded with these bad-boys..

[url="http://celestion.com/product/39/bl12200x/"]http://celestion.com...ct/39/bl12200x/[/url]

73cm high, 55cm wide, 37cm deep

29Kg

The cab is not ported, but not technically sealed/infinite baffle due to the removable rear panel.

Jack connection, but Matamp can send Speakon if required.

[u][b]PICS[/b][/u]

[u][b]SPIEL[/b][/u]

I had two of these cabs custom built for me along with my GT200. I have to be honest and say at the time I was suffering from a 'I want a proper valve amp with two cab rig' mid-life crisis. So I eventually had the head and cabs delivered which stood 5'10" in my living room! Whilst full-filling my boyhood fantasies (well, one anyway) I have never utilised the rig with both cabs, and one of them is as good as unused, and has stayed un-touched in my lock-up.

Absolutely great sounding, but I only need one, so I'm letting one go, and you will get the unused cab. (TBH both cabs are immaculate). Essentially you will be getting a brand new cab.

It is beautifully crafted by Jeff Lewis at Matamp, very old school in style and sound with the Ferrite Celestion drivers. The drivers are not standard for the 212 and were custom fitted for an up-charge. As was the grille cloth which is a cotton two strand weave not horrible skinny nylon (like you'd get on a costlier Hiwatt cab).

Cheers!

Edited by Billy Apple

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1349020454' post='1820742']
Cheers Wooks. They're top pieces of kit. They exude Jeff's cab making craftsmanship and sound superb.
[/quote]
I have an orange tolex version of this cab, maybe not the same speakers, but a top bit of kit none the less and sound amazing. Good luck with the sale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...