Why become a member? ×

Best way to sell on BC

spencer.b

It is all about trust.

The buyer trusts you to send the bass.

You trust the seller not to reverse the payment on PayPal after you have despatched.

Check feedback if possible.

I have not had any problems on BC and there have been very few cases (only two I can think of) where it has gone wrong with others.
Don't worry and good luck :)

Nearly every deal I've done through BC has gone well - I paid up front and trusted that the seller will send me the goods - fortunately for me they have as I've bought some expensive gear here. On one occasion I even sold an item by monthly installments and trusted the buyer to honour his end of the agreement.

I can think of at least two instances where this wasn't the case but considering how much gear changes hands through this site that's a drop in the proverbial...

Fortunately regular BCers seem to care more for their reputation on the Forum than making a quick few bob by ripping somebody off...

I'd still be careful and do the necessary homework first though.

Almost everything I've bought from here has been done using a bank transfer - I don't do Paypal...

I exchange a few PM's with the seller - maybe ask for a mobile number, and give 'em a call if it's easier or makes you feel better. I usually find that after a bit of dialogue, and looking up any feedback, I've a good feeling as to whether or not I want to go ahead with the transaction.

If I'm happy with everything, I ping the money to the sellers bank account. Once the money's arrived, the seller ships the goods.
Good comms throughout goes a long way towards a hassle-free transaction.

There's always going to be an element of trust involved. Whether or not you trust the other party to uphold their end of the deal, is a judgment that only you can make.

To date, I've not had a Basschat deal go bad.