Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Warwick Streamer Stage I (1990) Special! Must Seen! Funkiest bass ever!

Taa

Hi chaps,

Here is a very unique Warwick Streamer Stage I, only 1 in the world,it sounds and plays amazzzing!
Some descriptions and specs below

1990 warwick streamer stage I (special hand-made series)
Maple body
3pcs replacement, hand made, asymetric shaped neck
1st grade West Africa (Gabon) fretboard

delano dual coil soapbars
delano 3 band preamp

stainless steel frets

brass nut

Airbrushed-aged finish

Price: £3700 or nearest offer!!!

Trade: I dont need another bass but I am always tempted about your bass, thats how GAS works, init?

Pics :

Edited by Taa

Run your trade offers to me, 4-5 strings only.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/6zom7o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/jgsejc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/11jvrwn.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Taa

what's the history of this then? how come the stainless steel frets? and it doesn't look like the original nut either? also where the finish is worn down on the neck, I can see a grain is that the wood we are seeing? where are the wenge stringers or is it not down to the wood?

History of this bass:

i have bought it in 2007, played for couple of months but it was not the bass i want, then i have decided to turn it on to more wooden sounding and tone monster.

step 1:

the original 5pcs neck was loser, 2 pcs wenge in the neck and a wenge fretboard wasnt the best chioce for it. Basically the maple body has a compressed sound, for sure, so the best neck for this bass has to be 3pcs maple asymetric neck with a 5A west african (gabon) ebony board and the construcyion is set-neck.
A world class luthier made it for me, hes not well known here in UK.

Old frets were not so punchy and now your touch is punchy!

Step 2:

I wasnt happy with -the only own character- barts and the 2 band MEC preamp.
Delano pups and preamp is just Awesome!! now it gives the woods growl, hot, organic and piano tone.

Step 3:

A very talented artist and the same luthier made the aged finish and the airbrush on it.

[quote name='Taa' timestamp='1347930346' post='1806887']
History of this bass:

i have bought it in 2007, played for couple of months but it was not the bass i want, then i have decided to turn it on to more wooden sounding and tone monster.

step 1:

the original 5pcs neck was loser, 2 pcs wenge in the neck and a wenge fretboard wasnt the best chioce for it. Basically the maple body has a compressed sound, for sure, so the best neck for this bass has to be 3pcs maple asymetric neck with a 5A west african (gabon) ebony board and the construcyion is set-neck.
A world class luthier made it for me, hes not well known here in UK.

Old frets were not so punchy and now your touch is punchy!

Step 2:

I wasnt happy with -the only own character- barts and the 2 band MEC preamp.
Delano pups and preamp is just Awesome!! now it gives the woods growl, hot, organic and piano tone.

Step 3:

A very talented artist and the same luthier made the aged finish and the airbrush on it.
[/quote] That makes sense, I was looking at it and thought the neck and headstock was slightly the wrong shape. Another question- that's not the original nut is it?

Er, can I check if I've understood your description right: when you say it's a Warwick bass, you mean the body wings and the hardware are made by Warwick? But the finish, neck, fretboard, frets, pups and preamp are all replacements.
And do you really mean the construction is "set-neck", not neck-through? So the luthier cut off the old neck, leaving the body part of it in place?

Edited by mart

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1347966961' post='1807215']
Er, can I check if I've understood your description right: when you say it's a Warwick bass, you mean the body wings and the hardware are made by Warwick? But the finish, neck, fretboard, frets, pups and preamp are all replacements.
And do you really mean the construction is "set-neck", not neck-through? So the luthier cut off the old neck, leaving the body part of it in place?
[/quote]

I think the most important thing about a bass is its wood, as the wood pieces of this insturment :the body is Warwick and the neck is hand-made. This is a Warwick Streamer Stage with amazing specs.
If you want to buy a Streamer Stage I (never touched one) this is not for you and they are crap IMHO.
The construction is set-neck, the luthier cut off the neck and carved it to make a set neck construction and the new neck has an asymetric shape just like a Michael Tobias insturment.
The nut is not original, its changed due to neck and fboard replacement, old nut was wenge and the new one is brass, I think its better and Warwick has started to putting brass nuts on Streamer 1-2 after this series. You can check it on Warwick official web site.

feel free to ask any questions.

ta

here is a video to hear:

[URL=http://tinypic.com/r/350wl6x/6]View My Video[/URL]

Edited by Taa

[quote name='Taa' timestamp='1347972171' post='1807365']
I think the most important thing about a bass is its wood, as the wood pieces of this insturment :the body is Warwick and the neck is hand-made. This is a Warwick Streamer Stage with amazing specs.
If you want to buy a Streamer Stage I (never touched one) this is not for you and they are crap IMHO.
The construction is set-neck, the luthier cut off the neck and carved it to make a set neck construction and the new neck has an asymetric shape just like a Michael Tobias insturment.
The nut is not original, its changed due to neck and fboard replacement.

ta

[url="http://tinypic.com/r/350wl6x/6"]View My Video[/url]
[/quote]
Is the body from a 1990 streamer stage one or is it from an LX or rockbass or something and how do you know? I'm guessing the black hard wear is new though? as i would be surprised if a standard 1991 streamer stage one would have had black hardware

The nut is not original, its changed due to neck and fboard replacement.

ta

[url="http://tinypic.com/r/350wl6x/6"]View My Video[/url]
[/quote]

I am really confused by this reply, it is not a Warwick bass in that only half of it (the body) is what left the factory.

Being a NT then surely there is still a considerable piece of Wenge in the middle of the body below the new set neck?

Secondly if this is a 1990 then the neck originally fitted would of been mostly maple which makes a replacement seem slightly pointless, yes it had Wenge stripes but the tonal difference that makes is really subjective, they are more for strength and looks than anything else.

You say you have never touched a streamer stage I ? What about this one, before you decided it was awful and got all the work done?

There is no such bass a Streamer Stage, the Stage part is either Stage I or Stage II indicating different woods.

And sorry going back to earlier, 5A ebony? Never heard of Ebony being graded like that, the A grades refer to figuring, so you have 4 A flame maple, 2A burl etc etc.

Luke it cannot be a RockBass as the body is concaved, the Rockbasses are flat bodies. Black HW was available back then but standard was Gold.

Good luck with the sale but 3,700 is a steep ask when factory fresh Warwicks (which lets be honest here are what most people who like Warwick would want) go for around 1,000 second hand

Edited by throwoff

If you want to buy a Streamer Stage I (never touched one) this is not for you and they are crap IMHO.[/quote]

:blink:

[quote name='Taa' timestamp='1347972171' post='1807365']The construction is set-neck, the luthier cut off the neck and carved it to make a set neck construction and the new neck has an asymetric shape just like a Michael Tobias insturment.[/quote]

I think what he's trying to say is he broke the neck off his Streamer so he got a guy to saw it off and glue on a replacement.

Presumably the disastrous paint job is there to try to cover up the surgery scars.

Whether either of these improve the value of the instrument is a matter for debate. A very brief debate, I would imagine, between the current owner of the bass and everybody else in the world.

"If you want to buy a Streamer Stage I (never touched one) this is not for you and they are crap IMHO"

This comment has cut me to the bone - I have worked hard all of my life to be able to buy myself what i thought to be half decent basses! I can now smell the coffee - the 3 Warwick Streamers i own are indeed crap! :lol:

Oh well, goodluck with the sale/trade i bare no malice! ;)

Edited by Bassulike66

[quote name='Bassulike66' timestamp='1347974366' post='1807437']
"If you want to buy a Streamer Stage I (never touched one) this is not for you and they are crap IMHO"

This comment has cut me to the bone! I have worked hard all of my life to be able to buy myself what i thought to be half decent basses. I now smell the coffee, the 3 Warwicks Streamers i own are indeed crap! :lol:

Oh well, goodluck with the sale/trade i bare no malice! ;)
[/quote] try them with barts in :) I love mine now!

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1347973064' post='1807397']
I am really confused by this reply, it is not a Warwick bass in that only half of it (the body) is what left the factory.

Being a NT then surely there is still a considerable piece of Wenge in the middle of the body below the new set neck?

Secondly if this is a 1990 then the neck originally fitted would of been mostly maple which makes a replacement seem slightly pointless, yes it had Wenge stripes but the tonal difference that makes is really subjective, they are more for strength and looks than anything else.

You say you have never touched a streamer stage I ? What about this one, before you decided it was awful and got all the work done?

There is no such bass a Streamer Stage, the Stage part is either Stage I or Stage II indicating different woods.

And sorry going back to earlier, 5A ebony? Never heard of Ebony being graded like that, the A grades refer to figuring, so you have 4 A flame maple, 2A burl etc etc.

Luke it cannot be a RockBass as the body is concaved, the Rockbasses are flat bodies. Black HW was available back then but standard was Gold.

Good luck with the sale but 3,700 is a steep ask when factory fresh Warwicks (which lets be honest here are what most people who like Warwick would want) go for around 1,000 second hand
[/quote]

Yes the Wenge lines still inside of body, you cant just take them off as you know.
The point of the neck replacement is the woods and the shape, It was not re-shapeable.

I did not say that I have never touched a Streamer Stage I, read carefully!
what i mean as -never touched one- is factory standart.
About ebony , I just tried to say it is the best quality one.

The standart Hardware painted to black to make it aged.

If you can find a streamer with this specs a tag of £1000, buy then!

ta

Edited by Taa