Why become a member? ×

Little Mark Tube 800 Vs Little Mark 2

Sibob

Hi guys,

I love my LittleMark 2, does the LittleMarkT800 compare in it's tone?. Obviously I understand it will have different elements to it, such as the tube tone etc, but just wondered if the core tone is the same? Does the digital power section affect the tone at all?

Cheers
Si

Having just bought a Little Mark Tube 500, I did a bit (ok, virtually all last night) of research, and the opinion seems to be that the 800 is a tad sharper on the sound than the 500. I don`t know how that relates to the LM2, but if you`ve tried the LMT 500, it gives an approximation.

MATE!!!

As far as I understand it the LMtube series solid state side is the same front end as the standard littlemarks. it just has the added tube and a mix n
knob to mix between the two. It's not 'tubet tone' at all, it just a total mix knob, from 100% SS to 100% Tube front end. it doesn't try to sound like an all tube amp, it sounds like a very good high end tube preamp, it won't get dirty though, but the extra harmonics you'll get from the tube make the extra cost worth it.

in regards to 800watt to 500watt, all you get is a little extra headroom, and personally the difference is minimal. If you are maxing a LMTube 500 with a single compact then you are deaf and are playing too loud. I've used that setup many times in humungo halls with no PA support and still got compliants at the back of the room that the bass was too loud, and the LMtube was barely stretching it's legs.

the two preamps do sound extremely similar, the only real sound difference is in the extra harmonic distortion you get from tubes anyway. It just helps bring out every note even clearer and sound cleaner.

Edited by Prime_BASS

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1347195687' post='1797874']
Yeah I'm not interested in it because I'm maxing the LM2, just thinking if I move the Streamliner on, wouldn't mind another Markbass, but something a bit different :)

Cheers for the input

Si
[/quote]

at some point id love to try the markbass heads with have the extra mid controls.

andy