Why become a member? ×

The Leeds Bradford Guitar Show Sunday 9th Septemeber

guitarshows

[indent=1][b][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"]I have had permission from the moderator to let everyone know about this.[/color][/size][/font][/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"]This year we have more bass interest than previously with Bassbarn (Shuker and Taurus) and Manchester Bass Lounge plus there will be loads of bargains in accesories suitable for bass players.[/color][/size][/font][/b][/indent]

[indent=1][b][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"]THE LEEDS BRADFORD GUITAR SHOW, now in its 6[sup]th[/sup] year, will once again take place at Pudsey Civic Hall, Dawsons Corner, Pudsey, LS28 5TA on Sunday 9th September 2012 from 10am to 4.00pm. [/color][/size][/font][/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"]BUY, SELL AND TRADE new, used and vintage guitars, basses, amps, effects and accessories at bargain prices.[/color][/size][/font][/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"]More than 70 exhibitors and dealers. Special Show bargains, workshops and demos. [/color][/size][/font][/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"]Exhibitors signed up include Guitars 4You, Big Deal Music, Bassbarn, Manchester Bass Lounge, Twin Stomp Effects, Patrick Eggle Guitars, Tayden Speakers, DWJ Boutique Pedals, Chickenbone John, Everson Guitars, Fret 21, Sandarac, Tesla Pickups, Trad Music, Guitar Trader, Vintage Guitars, Fret-King Guitars, North West Guitars, Wienbrock Amps, Promote Your Band, Systems Workshop, Adrenaline Flightcases and many more including second-hand and vintage dealers, parts suppliers and luthiers.[/color][/size][/font][/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"]A varied line-up is scheduled for the live music stage with local blues/rock legends, The Gav Coulson Group and 14 year old blues sensation, Aaron Keylock with his band, plus jazz swing player Anth Purdy and upcoming singer/songwriter and acoustic wizard, Ben Hughes.[/color][/size][/font][/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"]A great day out for any guitar enthusiast. [/color][/size][/font][/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"]Sponsored by Fret-King, Vintage and HK Audio.[/color][/size][/font][/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"]Admission £5.00. Accompanied under-12's free. Free parking.[/color][/size][/font][/b][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial][size=2][url="http://www.guitarshows.co.uk/"][b][color=#000099][font=Arial]www.guitarshows.co.uk[/font][/color][/b][/url][color="#000000"][b][font=Arial]. Phone 01925 813185[/font][/b].[/color][/size][/font][/indent]

I've always thought the Northern Guitar Shows were some of the best, my first was in the Station Hotel in Newcastle, dead easy, go there - buy something - nip next door to get the train home. In those days there were a few stalls that had masses of old parts, single machine-heads, bridge parts, old pickups (it's where I found an old Gibson EB type mudbucker). You don't see that kind of stall anywhere much these days, Ebay must have that cornered, but still always a great show for a Sunday pre-pint time (or Saturday).
Though I have to wonder, no matter how good a guiatrist, a 14 year old blues player? :huh: "I woke up this morning, plugged my Wii into the wall, I say I woke up this morning ............. etc." :P ;)
Sponsored by Fret-King? Will Jerry be there? Did a cracking session at a Mojo one not so long ago.

[quote name='Bassmonkey' timestamp='1347283625' post='1798787']
Anyone try the Volume Eleven basses? Very nice
[/quote]
Were they the small bodied natural wood basses with EMG p/ups and very light??

If so, I did have a play on one of them. Nice bass - didn't catch the name but it might well have been something like that (he seemed to have run out of cards by then)!

Edited by peteb