Why become a member? ×

James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster Deluxe

A bit of a feeler at the moment , some-one may know some-one looking for one of these .
I bought this new from Mark Hopkin at guitars4you ( purveyors of fine guitars ) a few years back , I always wanted a Trussart and this one ticked the boxes .
Maple Neck
Seymour Duncan Antiquities pick ups
Holey back panel
Nice understated Gator scratchplate - some can look a bit like Christmas trees .
C&G faux gator skin Hardcase
£2200 to include standard courier delivery to Mainland UK ( new price £3200 , if you can find one )
Sounds fantastic , I have taken this to a few gigs to let more talented guitarists have a go , and I have to prise it out of their hands at the end of the set .
Tried to show the guitar as best I can in Photos , based in Isle of Wight , can bring over to Southampton ,Portsmouth or Lymington in person .
Many Thanks
Martin

Edited by martin8708

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's not the place to sell guitars (from experience!!) I'm sure if you put this beauty up on Gumtree someone will find it from anywhere in the UK - especially something like this! Preloved is another one to try but i'd put money on your interest coming from Gumtree :). I've seen these in person, didn't get the time to try but the rust looks fantastic and everyone sings about how good they are :D .

Wow , great to see some people reading the thread .
Frets are vintage 6105 and the neck radius is 9 "
To be honest , the numbers mean very little to me , the neck is more Strat than Tele and the frets are similar to my other Strats .
Weight - heavier than a pre-CBS Strat but a lot lighter than a late 70's Tele ( or even some of their Strats )
The guitar is very playable , has quite an audible unplugged sound due to the hollow body , and the guitar resonates far more than a solid body , this does seem to have some impact on the sound . Ive played in bands for nearly 30 years as a bass player , but as a guitarist I take great interest in what the guitarist in the band is playing and how they sound . The last outing was at a packed pub gig during Cowes Week , the Trussart went straight into a Fender Blues Junior with no pedals / effects and the solo's were making my neck hairs stand on end , it's just chalk and cheese with the standard generic 6 stringers that pass for guitars .

As regards to eBay + Gumtree , I have gone off the boil a bit with eBay , I used to buy and sell loads , but it's not the same anymore and seems to attract more scoundrel's and scammers , I have bought and sold loads on BC and I trust the folks here implicitly and there are some great 6 stringer advertised here , worth having a punt .

It's no major hardship to keep hold of it a bit longer .....
Thanks for looking .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...