Why become a member? ×

Sonuus Wahoo - Could this be the best bass pedal ever? new vids!

gazgoldstar

You will want to order one before the release date to save money! I did so last night, just got an email from the director to inform me that the initial batch has sold out, the next lot will be in the UK in 2 weeks time. Also it turns out the main office is only a mile or two down the road from where I live!

Update from the Sonuus facebook page...

"Wahoo production should be complete early next week (hurray!). We need to get them to the UK then we will be able to start shipping them to pre-order customers. So hopefully in the last week of November, people will start to get them. (We're also shipping them to the USA too.)

Next week, once everything is confirmed we'll start contacting pre-order customers to make payments for their orders.

Also, this means it's the last chance to get in on the pre-order deal. Last thing Sunday 18th (first thing Monday 19th), pre-orders will close and the Wahoo will return to the standard price."

• 2 weeks later...

Received mine today! Haven't had much time to play with it and really busy over the next week so I won't give much of a review. Just to say that so far it's REALLY well put together, the presets weren't very useable but showed great potential. This could be the filter to rule them all, as long as you're not afraid to get in there and tweak it! I noticed quite a bit of noise using it on my daisy chain with lots of other pedals, I'll try putting it separately later to see if it improves things.

Edited by dannybuoy

Well, no noise when powering it by itself! Getting some great sounds out of it by blending lowpass, bandpass and dry signals together. So far I prefer it to the Xerograph and any other wah I've had, but it's still the honeymoon phase and I've barely got my fingers in it's knickers yet.

Got mine as well! Agree about construction, although the three knobs on top feel a little flimsy, it's clear why the two metal guards are in place.

Didn't have too much time to play last night, but been through the first ten or so presets with a big grin.

Grabbed preset #3 which is a bass wah, mixed in a bit of dry signal, turned up the resonance and set it to envelope mode and got the best envelope filter I've ever played. Being able to adjust the sensitivity, attack and release means you can easily set up the sweet spot for your individual bass and playing style. Menus are quite easy to grasp, will be even easier to tweak I imagine with the software over USB. Also, there's a global envelope sensitivity setting in case you want to switch basses but not have to change the sensitivity of the individual presets. Very glad I got this, the first filter I've tried that hasn't somehow disappointed me!

• 7 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...