Why become a member? ×

PJB M300 & 6B Cab SOLD

deaver

**SOLD**

Phil Jones Bass M300 amp. Lovely clear sound, built like a tank and much too good for me. 6B cab, light, portable and sounds just peachy.

Amp and cab are in Salisbury, as always collection would be preferred but postage is available.

Phil Jones M300 amp £380 (+ £20 p&p)
Phil Jones 6B Cab £300 (+£25 p&p)

Phil Jones have this to say about:

[i]"Powerful, clean, uncolored sound...and flawless reproduction is the goal of high fidelity. Let’s hear bass the way it was intended to be heard on well-engineered records: authoritative, tight, taut, punchy, powerful, present, smooth and throbbing. That is what the M-300 delivers in spades. Hi-fi sound for live bass. 2% silver solder connections; 2.5 mm steel chassis; heavy duty chrome plated corners; recessed allen bolt mounted handle; custom machined metal and anodized aluminum knobs; and much more."[/i]

Our guitarist has this to say about it:

[i]"It looks like a model railway controller"[/i]

Spec from the PJB website

Model M-300
Type Bass Amplifier,2CH,450W output,2x 5 band EQ,limiter,
Active/passive input,headphone out,DI out,pre-amp out,tuner out
Size 16 x 13.8 x 5.9 inch (W x D x H)
Power output 450W
Net Weight 29 lbs/14 kg

Edited by deaver

BigJim, I've had a look at the first sales thread for the Bag End and can tell you this much - the driver is a Sica Neo cone, 8ohm (looks like the Standard Lite one to me, I am assuming it's a replacement), the cab had a new grille and corners fitted at Straightedge,. It's also been revarnished as you can see and has a fair bit of wear. As to date, it was described as 'old' and that's as much as I know.

Edited by deaver

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some extended possible trade ideas - Lightweight head (Eden, Markbass) plus cash my way, Rackable head (Ashdown, Trace Elliot) plus cash my way, Preamp (Alembic, Trace Elliot) plus cash my way or straight swap for US Precision, US Jazz or Stingray.

I'm open to variations on all of the above.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...