Why become a member? ×

Holy Cow, I have something to learn!

Si600

From our first muck about session in Thor knows how many years, my guitarist mate and I have decided that we shall try and get some songs learnt :) For we, read me, as he's a bit good and has gigged, which is more than I have done. Anyhoo, I have to get Pretty Vacant, Sweet Child of Mine and Wasted Years down. We sort of got them yesterday, so a little (lot) of practice on my part is needed.

Then we need find a drummer and singer, though I reckon my mate should do the singing duties but he doesn't agree...

Sorry to clutter the forum with nonsense but I'm still frothing from it :)

Edited by Si600

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1345461200' post='1777667']
Glad you're enthused. Stick at it. I sadly am at the other end of the scale and in a black "what's the point" space. Hopefully the technique book I ordered last week will get me to snap out of it!!
[/quote]Im in one of them holes also, which book was it Walman?

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1345468317' post='1777771']
Im in one of them holes also, which book was it Walman?
[/quote][url="http://www.basslinepublishing.com/the-bass-player-s-guide-to-scales-and-modes.html"]Stuart Claytons Scales & Modes[/url] from Bassline Pub, Should have got it a few months back when he had a deal on, but.....

I should know this stuff, but having made it up as I went along for the last [i]cough[/i] [size=1]thirty [/size][i]cough [/i]years I decided it was about time. Hopefully not tooooo many bad habits to erase

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1345484848' post='1778054']
[url="http://www.basslinepublishing.com/the-bass-player-s-guide-to-scales-and-modes.html"]Stuart Claytons Scales & Modes[/url] from Bassline Pub, Should have got it a few months back when he had a deal on, but.....

I should know this stuff, but having made it up as I went along for the last [i]cough[/i] [size=1]thirty [/size][i]cough [/i]years I decided it was about time. Hopefully not tooooo many bad habits to erase
[/quote]ive also made it up for "ahem" 30 "ahem" years and im gonna look that book up cheers WalMan