Why become a member? ×

Different but quite nice IMO

karlfer

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Godin-SD4-bass-rare-/170895319932?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item27ca27a37c"]Godin SD4 bass - rare! | eBay[/url]

Godin seem to be quite well thought of, if I was closer I might just have had a punt.

If you don't ask, you don't get. There have been many occasions when I have asked if they would be willing to package it up and they've said yes, this "it doesn't have a hard case" stuff is bogus - if it's well packed then it won't be a problem. If it's well packed then that's what insurance is for.

Failing that, if they still insist on local collection you could always ask on here if someone could pick it up on your behalf. Many here would do that for a few beer tokens, I know I would (not that there's anything worth bothering with up here, apart from an ultra rare Guild B402-A ;) )

Bremen mailed me with just such a generous offer to pick it up and drop it off when he comes past in a fortnight.
He's a star.
Meanwhile, I have just got lucky and agreed a deal on a Schroeder 410BMF, so no punts on anything for several months now :lol: .
Aye, right ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've just bought this Godin! Luckily a friend of mine was in the area so he could collect - I won't see it in the flesh though until the weekend. This will be my 3rd Godin bass and certainly the cheapest. My mate who collected it says its in great condition. The price for a Canadian parts US assembled bass made it a no-brainer; I don't understand why their resale value is so low. Same for some of the US Peaveys too.

[quote name='angelagnostic' timestamp='1346791739' post='1793415']
I've just bought this Godin! Luckily a friend of mine was in the area so he could collect - I won't see it in the flesh though until the weekend. This will be my 3rd Godin bass and certainly the cheapest. My mate who collected it says its in great condition. The price for a Canadian parts US assembled bass made it a no-brainer; I don't understand why their resale value is so low. Same for some of the US Peaveys too.
[/quote]

Congratulations - you got a bargain!

I had/still have one of these in blue. Very good bass for the money I paid (£300, in 1999) with a fantastic neck. I found that the body shape made it a bit of a neck-diver, and ended up putting the neck and hardware onto a Precision body, and it's still my main bass today.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1345193577' post='1774714']
If you don't ask, you don't get. There have been many occasions when I have asked if they would be willing to package it up and they've said yes, this "it doesn't have a hard case" stuff is bogus - if it's well packed then it won't be a problem. If it's well packed then that's what insurance is for.
[/quote]

No hardcase = no insurance most of the time.