Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Neox 212t VS. Barefaced Super12t

jimcroisdale

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has ever had the pleasure of comparing these cabs side-by-side.

I have had my eye on a Barefaced for quite some time, but I landed on a cheap Neox a few months ago and took the plunge. It's pretty much everything I could wish for to be honest - light, loud etc, but sometimes I just miss a little more sheer low end extension - I sometimes need a fat, pillowy sound and it just doesn't seem quite there sometimes (depending on the room!).

As the band I play bass in earns a few quid I can justify spending money on gear, so I wondered if the Barefaced is going to make me that little bit happier?

I know the GB is using Deltalites and the BF is on Kappalites, but how much difference does it really make?

Cheers,

Jim

Think in this, go and get one. Barefaced are great cabs, and not many companies offer their 30 day try it, don`t like it return it, scheme. Alex is a great guy to deal with as well. See if you can arrange a purchase just before a heavy period of gigging, get a good evaluation of if it`s the right cab for you.

The Barefaced drivers are better (on paper) spec than the ones in the Genz. So I went for the BF.
As to whether this will make the difference you need I don't know, but I get a thundering amount of low end out of my Super12T and my amp gives in long before the cab will. In fact if i was going to replace anything on my rig it would be the amp.