Why become a member? ×

FUN - We are young - Bass sound

Jesso

My band are thinking about playing Fun - We are young as a cover version. It's a huge song here in Ireland (and the UK too I'd say).
We only have one keyboard, which will be doing the piano bits, so it'll be up to me to get that HUUUUUGE bass synth sound.
Thiing is, I don't have any pedals for doing stuff like that at the moment.
I'm thinking an ocatve pedal and a distortion.... or maybe there's a synth pedal that will do it for me. Anyway, just looking for suggestions before I go buying a load of pedals that don't sound right!

Here's the song just incase you haven't heard it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6dMFF_yts

Not got the best speakers either here but sounds like some sort of distorted sawtooth synth pad. So you can probably get pretty close with a synthy fuzz, octaver would be nice or if you're happy to spend the money an Octavius Squeezer would get the sound from a single pedal.

Thanks all. Was gunna take a punt on an mxr octave pedal, the delux one with the growl feature.... I also have a big muff somewhere, for extra fuzz should I need it. I'll look into the digitech wah though as well see if I can get one for reasonable money.

The BSWs come up on here quite regularly and are usually pretty reasonably priced I reckon.

[quote name='Jesso' timestamp='1345111011' post='1773572']
Thanks all. Was gunna take a punt on an mxr octave pedal, the delux one with the growl feature.... I also have a big muff somewhere, for extra fuzz should I need it. I'll look into the digitech wah though as well see if I can get one for reasonable money.
[/quote]

• 5 months later...

[quote name='pendingrequests' timestamp='1359220026' post='1951816']
The Woolly Mammoth :)

Very expensive, not worth to part with to be used for one song.
[/quote]

...and yet I built one (actually a mastotron) for less than £25...