Why become a member? ×

Greetings bass nerds!

jhunterg@gmail.com

Hello bass chatters and fellow gear nerds!
I've been on basschat for a while now so apologies for this very belated introduction, better late than never! Ok so here goes...

My name is Jim, I'm 31 years old and have been playing bass since the age 14. Im self taught. Im starting to get into music theory and production techniques and have just recently completed course in music technology.
I've toured extensively across UK, Europe and Canada. 
Playing in Brighton based hardcore metal act Johhny Truant for over 10 years.
I've Toured and supported some great bands such as Isis, Fear Factory, Killswitch Engage, Sikth, Architects just to name a few!
I'm currently in a new sludge band called Anacondas and have just finished recording our first album.

Ok gear wise
Basses
My first bass was a cheap 4string Tanglewood p bass copy, which I still own today for sentimental value. I then moved onto 5string basses, my first of which was an Aria pro 2 that I found in a local pawn shop & brought it with pennies raised from washing dishes...Funtime's! 
The Aria accompanied me at my first ever gig at the ripe age of 17. Sadly, I don't own that bass anymore. I've also owned an Ibanez clone made by Vintage which I brought brand new with money earnt from working nights in a care home, Nasty stuff! 
I recorded my first full length album on the Vintage and had my first live press photo featured in Kerrang with it. Gutted I don't own that one anymore either! A few Warwick basses a thumb NT5 a breif fling with a $$ and a Streamer stage one NT5 which was stolen.
Also was in a band recently where I got to play An American Fender 62 reissue 4string P bass...A thing of Beauty!

I now own a USA fender deluxe pbass 5 string which Is the best bass I've ever had the luxury of playing.
This bass is set up to play in a low F# which is thunderous!

Amps. 
My first full stack was a peavy combo 1x15 with 4x10 cab and then had two Warwick xtreme heads with four neo pro cabs. I now use Ampeg SVT 4 pro and sized down too just one 410 hlf cab.

Pedals
I have a love/hate relationship with effects pedals I  love them and can't stop buying them and hate them for the same reason. Ha Im a confessed Addict!

Currently I'm using TU2, NS2, Fuzzroucios Rat Tail, EHX Big Muff Pi, Digitech BSW, CEB3, PS3, DD3,EHX HolyGrail +, Sansamp BDDI. And growing...

Nice to meet you all 
feel free to ask any me any questions 

Cheers
J

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hello Jim and Welcome![/font][/color] :hi:
- also self-taught;
- first gig also with Aria pro 2 (four-string though..)

[quote name='[email protected]' timestamp='1344866566' post='1770302']
Ok gear wise.. I moved onto 5string basses, my first of which was an Aria pro 2 that I found in a local pawn shop & brought it with pennies raised from washing dishes...Funtime's!
The Aria accompanied me at my first ever gig at the ripe age of 17. Sadly, I don't own that bass anymore..

Pedals
I have a love/hate relationship with effects pedals I love them and can't stop buying them and hate them for the same reason. Ha Im a confessed Addict!

Currently I'm using TU2, NS2, Fuzzroucios Rat Tail, EHX Big Muff Pi, Digitech BSW, CEB3, PS3, DD3,EHX HolyGrail +, Sansamp BDDI. And growing...

Nice to meet you all
feel free to ask any me any questions

Cheers
J
[/quote]

Jim - when you get a minute - can you post your pedal board in the time-honoured BC tradition? :D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
@ Simon, yes Aria pro II are great basses and they are very underrated, I believe Cliff Burton used to play one, not sure what model? I had the Magna 5 which is like a super strat in bass form! I'll be sure to post a picture of my board once it's all set it up properly. Think There's a few gems in the post for my Birthday!? Im Obsessed, I may need a bigger board soon? Ha

Ah-ha! :) Jim, just saw your post on 'post your pedal board bc style'..! nice one & see you over there..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As requested by SimonEdward![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Set this version of my pedal board today just got the Polysaturator, so excuse the messy cables etc...[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Had a fun creating some messed up horror noisescapes with this lot! [/font][/color] :crazy:
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Still need to get a blend/loop pedal on there somehow?? eekk!!![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Would like to switch between the modulation side and the dirty channel whilst blending.[/font][/color]
[b] Attached Thumbnails[/b]