Why become a member? ×

My Barefaced Super Twelve finally arrived!!!

Johnnyc

So my long wait for a new cab is finally at an end, and I have received my Barefaced Super Twelve!!!

All I can say is, how the heck did I get used to the muddy disgrace emanating from my Ashdown Mag 1x15 since I sold my Berg??
Fantastic sound so far from the S12, seems really punchy and getting a pretty even freq response. Does anyone know where I can get hold of that sine wave to start breaking in the woofers?
Can't wait to get this thing to a band practice!

Cheers

Johnny

If you really want the sine?

Well Mr. Claber just happens to have it available on his wobsite: [url="http://barefacedbass.com/technical-information.htm"]http://barefacedbass...information.htm[/url]

Check this out too (I haven't tested this one...) [url="http://www.audiocheck.net/audiofrequencysignalgenerator_sinetone.php"]http://www.audiochec...or_sinetone.php[/url]

EDIT: How's the weight... let me guess, it's noticeably lighter than the ashdown?

EDIT II: I checked your posts and found this, Johnnyc: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/183560-barefaced-super-12-sold/page__p__1762409#entry1762409

May, June, July - 12 weeks+?

I'm only on week seven :( waiting on my compact.

This waiting is harder because of the hope. I hope it's worth the wait... I know Alex is trying to improve the process, and the cabs - which is great but getting it right for his operation means we are waiting quite a while.

Backlogs mean I'll likely be waiting another few weeks. It had better be worth it! :ph34r:

P.S. Pics! even lo-fi phone ones!

Edited by PlungerModerno

Yeah I figured it would be cool to use the sine first so I can hear the proper sound of the cab when I get it to practice. cheers for the links!!

The weight is really good actually, its about 8kg lighter than the ashdown, and the shape and location of the handles make it a way better lift regardless of weight, tbh i could carry the ashdown one handed, it was just an awkward shape!
I think I waited around 14 weeks, cba to work it out but May 3rd till today. I don't think you should have to wait too much longer as Alex said there was a delay the last few weeks from getting all the Midgets onto the production line. Maybe another, oh lets say.... 16 weeks? ;)

Its definitely worth the wait. The only annoying thing is expecting it to get it at a certain time and then keep getting delays.

you asked for pics... here you go, straight off the iPhone ;)

[attachment=115245:Super Twelve 2.JPG]
[attachment=115246:Super Twelve 1.JPG]

looks a little weird with the amp being wider than the cab, but if the sound is killer then I don't particularly care all that much.

Johnny

[quote name='Johnnyc' timestamp='1344716261' post='1768401']
Nice one man! it's a great rig! It's so annoying I'm trying to arrange a band practice so I can actually try it out loud, nobody is replying!! argghh!
[/quote]

Keep at them - offer them punch and pie. More people will come if you offer them punch and pie. Or cookies.

lol practice on sunday... but the drummer can't make it so he's sending the drum tracks from the records mixed into the tracks we play along to! I decided to go without the tweeter. Didn't want the extra cost or weight, and I don't do any slap so I don't really need the ultra highs. Tweeterless seems to go more than high enough, and if I ever do wanna slap I just push the 'bright' button on my amp and it gives you plenty of high end.

[quote name='Johnnyc' timestamp='1344895640' post='1770922']
lol practice on sunday... but the drummer can't make it so he's sending the drum tracks from the records mixed into the tracks we play along to! I decided to go without the tweeter. Didn't want the extra cost or weight, and I don't do any slap so I don't really need the ultra highs. Tweeterless seems to go more than high enough, and if I ever do wanna slap I just push the 'bright' button on my amp and it gives you plenty of high end.
[/quote]

Better than sitting at home with a drum machine (which can be fun but you know...).

Tweeters are definitely not essential for most people. They might be nice - I may look at a midget T after the compact... we'll see.