Why become a member? ×

Hellooo!

samuelcroberts

Good evening bassists!

Just a quick hello from a newbie. I'm Sam and I've been playing for the past 15 years. I'm a bassist and composer working in contemporary classical, jazz and experimental fields. Currently completing a PhD in composition focusing on expanding the role of the bass guitar in Western art music and adding interesting and challenging works to the bass repertoire. That'll either send you to sleep or perhaps (perhaps...) interest some people! If you are interested, feel free to get in touch! :D I'm working on a number of things at the moment, most of which you can find here: [url="http://samuelcroberts.wordpress.com/"]http://samuelcroberts.wordpress.com/[/url]. If you're bored, go ahead!

Gear at the moment isn't extensive, but meh... I use a Clover Avenger 5 and a modified fretless Fender Precision (with a Warmoth neck and Bartolini pickup), a Markbass Mini CMD 121 combo, TC Electronic audio interfaces, Macbook pro, E-bows, pedals... Yup!

Anyway, just saying hello to everyone. Hope all is well in the bass cosmos!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

er... what? ...

Ooooh...

Sorry Sam,

Your introduction just woke me up. Gimme a minute...

Wow!

Welcome to BC!
I for one won't sleep anymore. Have roughly the same background as you, but that was with organs and electronic studio composition. I'm now only having fun, and with a bass instead.
Please feel free to be a basset to the forum!

all the best,
bert

[quote name='samuelcroberts' timestamp='1344212783' post='1761409']
Many thanks Chris and Roland Rock :D[/quote]

sh*t! Another one from Cambridge! So do you mean:
Chris Rock, and Roland Rock
or
Roland Rock, and Chris
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I hate it when people can't even be bothered to get their education from Oxford. :lol:

best,
bert

Bass Tractor... I assure you I only attend the best of the best institutions around... Perhaps. Ha! And since you ask, I've decided to address that to ALL Rolands, Rocks and those called Chris... I don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks Doctor Collier! My work is mainly practise based, so I am writing a lot of new music for the bass. Some of it's more experimental and within the 'sonic arts' realm, but most of it is a for solo bass and electronics or for bass and other acoustic instruments. My pieces are mainly a-tonal, but stylistically it's kind of a mix of contemporary classical techniques and jazz/improvisation/experimental tendencies! Kind of stuff where if I release an album, I'll sell 3 copies... But who cares! I'm in it for the music! Thanks for the positive comments though! Feel free to get in touch about anything else!

:D