Why become a member? ×

Boss OC-3 pedal and that Pino sound

witterth

I think Pino had an OC-2 and I wonder it thats the problem, I got a OC-3 off some fine chap on the forum but I just cant seem to get that Pino (tear your playhouse down) sound from it, what am I not doing (other than being not as as good as Mr P) wrong?
its near but not right, know what I mean?
any pics of pedal settings would help from OC-3 owners
Thanks Guys

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1343633302' post='1752787']
OC2 as OC3 sound very different. The OC3 sounds closest on the -2 Octave (Monophonic) Mode... Just don't actually use the -2 Octave knob. That will get ge you as close as the pedal can get to it... But best bet would me to get an OC2!
[/quote]
Oh right well thats one for trade/swap then. any offers?
thanks P
I'm glad its not just me then!

[quote name='witterth' timestamp='1343626184' post='1752752']
I think Pino had an OC-2 and I wonder it thats the problem, I got a OC-3 off some fine chap on the forum but I just cant seem to get that Pino (tear your playhouse down) sound from it, what am I not doing (other than being not as as good as Mr P) wrong?
its near but not right, know what I mean?
any pics of pedal settings would help from OC-3 owners
Thanks Guys
[/quote]

I've got an OC-3 and had a similar problem- however I think I've solved it by using the guitar input rather then the bass one! Settings I use are poly mode, dials from left- 3oclock -> 11oclock -> 5oclock

[quote name='SlapbassSteve' timestamp='1343660672' post='1753267']
I've got an OC-3 and had a similar problem- however I think I've solved it by using the guitar input rather then the bass one! Settings I use are poly mode, dials from left- 3oclock -> 11oclock -> 5oclock
[/quote]
oh right, I'll try that, thanks Steve!

[quote name='Onox' timestamp='1343637905' post='1752840']
The MXR Octaver Deluxe can also cover this sound very well.
[/quote]
Would that be the 'Playhouse' setting in the MXR manual? I'd love someone to post a demo of this setting along side an actual OC2 just to see how close it is. I have the MXR and sometimes want that OC2 sound too.

• 1 month later...

Having just equipped myself with a fretless Sterling 4H, I can get pretty close to the playhouse sound with my OC-2 as follows:

Bass:
Pickup - coils in parallel
Treble - half cut
Mid - full boost
Bass - half boost

OC-2:
All 3 knobs in 11o'c position

However, I've got a strange issue. Every so often the OC-2 reverts to bypass and my tone seems clean. To get the OC-2 to work again I need to power it off and on by removing and reinserting the jack.

Does this sound like a battery issue? Or something else? I have no compressor - just the OC-2.

CB