Why become a member? ×

I've done it!!!! Wooop!

Evil Undead

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1343588355' post='1752451']

Bin onto Pc especially! Cracking bass line nicely executed miss evil! Nice one!!

I love the sound of a p-bass too, good work all round!
[/quote]

Thank you! And to everyone else who complimented! I still think I'm a terrible bassist but the compliments mean a lot!

I don't know who played bass on the original but in my opinion this one has a much nicer feel to it. If you're going to be playing it in a band try go with this bassline. The bassist even makes a mistake during the guitar solo - which shows even top line session guys are only human.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX5USg8_1gA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX5USg8_1gA[/url]

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1343634103' post='1752795']

But I can see it on my work PC :D

Just watched it now I'm in work, and hell girl.... you can rock!!!!!

You were bloody brilliant! Saying you can't play... pfft! :P
[/quote]

Thank you for your nice compliments! I still don't think I'm any good but I'll get there :)

I watched it. You can play, believe me. You had really good accuracy moving through the positions in the tricky verses, that's not easy. You had even tone and volume, and there was some vibe going on. Oddly it's the simpler chorus where you have some slight timing issues (although you play it better later in the vid). I would suggest listening to the space as well as the notes in that part and play it to a metronome very slowly and gradually increase your speed, you'll find getting the smooth feel right in that part will unlock many other things for you too. Otherwise, you are so much better than you think :)

ALL the replies have just proved you're a lot better than you think you are. Your very smooth style complements the song. I wish I could keep my fretting hand as easy and controlled as you do. Well done.

Get up sausage! Well look at you girl. High fives!

Balcro.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1343669924' post='1753461']
I watched it. You can play, believe me. You had really good accuracy moving through the positions in the tricky verses, that's not easy. You had even tone and volume, and there was some vibe going on. Oddly it's the simpler chorus where you have some slight timing issues (although you play it better later in the vid). I would suggest listening to the space as well as the notes in that part and play it to a metronome very slowly and gradually increase your speed, you'll find getting the smooth feel right in that part will unlock many other things for you too. Otherwise, you are so much better than you think :)
[/quote]

Thanks Nige :)

Yeah, I do have a little issue with my timing, but I'm trying to work on it. I'll get there in the end :) I have a nasty habit of keeping time by tapping my plucking fingers down on the strings in the spaces, and it makes it sound very jerky - I need to stop doing that.