Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Marleaux Betra

electriccheese

Hi!

I want to trade a Marleaux Betra 4 strings for a Zon Vinny VB4. I know it's very difficult such a specific trade, but I must try it, is free...

Other trade options: Fender Jazz Bass Roadworn , Custom shop, or any jazz bass with 60' pickup spacing, and not too heavey. Can be fretless.

For sale for 1900 € shipping included.

Well, this bass is a Marleaux Betra 4 strings. It was ordered trough Doctorbass.net, and I paid 2900€ for it.

Has a swetenia body (a lightweight type of Mahogany), maple top, three pieces maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, two Bartolini split coils, 3 band EQ with pasive tone, push-pull active pasive knob. The upper part of the body is slighty bigger, to get a similar position of the right arm to a more conventional bass (jazz bass).

The width at nut is 38mm, it have schaller straplocks and it only weighs 3,0 kg! The lightest bass I ever seen. It comes with a good Fender guitar gig bag.

My feedback:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/159901-feedback-for-electriccheese"]http://basschat.co.u...-electriccheese[/url]

Edited by electriccheese

This is interesting... May I ask why do you want to trade for such a similar bass? I had been looking at the Marleaux myself and am curious to see what is not convincing for you... In my mind this and the Vinny are equivalent...

Cheers

[quote name='juliusmonk' timestamp='1343309758' post='1748701']
This is interesting... May I ask why do you want to trade for such a similar bass? I had been looking at the Marleaux myself and am curious to see what is not convincing for you... In my mind this and the Vinny are equivalent...

Cheers
[/quote]

Hi!

Well, I wanted a headless bass for small gigs, teach and rehearsal. I was between the Vinny and this one, and finally decided for the Marleaux cause I like more a wood neck, generally.

I like this bass, but you know, the GAS is everytime saying you that another bass is better than the one that you already have...

Really, I don't know if I preffer the Vinny over this one, cause I never played one. If someone have interest in this trade, I can try it. If not, I will keep the Marleaux unless I need the money.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

As far as I know Gerald Marleaux was an apprentice of Andy Schack....that might explain a few similarities in their designs for instruments, electronics etc. ;)

Btw: Very nice bass, my main instrument for quite some time was also an older Betra (neck through, different woods & pu/electronics config though). Those Betras balance and play extremely well and weigh next to nothing! I miss mine... :(

Edited by Satrugar

[quote name='Satrugar' timestamp='1365098467' post='2035384']
As far as I know Gerald Marleaux was an apprentice of Andy Schack....that might explain a few similarities in their designs for instruments, electronics etc. ;)

Btw: Very nice bass, my main instrument for quite some time was also an older Betra (neck through, different woods & pu/electronics config though). Those Betras balance and play extremely well and weigh next to nothing! I miss mine... :(
[/quote]

Thank you, didn't know that!

Bump!

• 2 weeks later...