Why become a member? ×

Feeler: Warwick Streamer $$

budget bassist

I'm considering trading my Warwick Streamer $$ for something. I'd quite like a part exchange with cash my way in the region of £100+ really. I'm also now considering selling outright.

About the bass, it's a natural ash body with an ekanga(?) veneer in the middle, dual humbuckers, gorgeous 3 piece flamed maple neck with ekanga(?) stringers and wenge f/board with brass frets, chrome hardware. No fret markers, only side dots. Two band active electronics with panning, active/passive and coil tap switches. It's in decent nick, a bit of discolouration on the front of the body where you rest your arm, but it's not too noticeable. Electronics all work as they should, though it would benefit from a setup. It'll come with a warwick gigbag and user pack, though it's running low on wax, and the truss rod tool has broken, but they're only a few euros from Warwick.

These photos are a couple of years old, but the condition of the bass is pretty much the same.

More [url="http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/metallica_rock/streamer/"]here[/url]. I can't really get hold of any more, as the bass is in Wales currently, but I can head over there to collect it should somebody be interested. If you're really desperate, I may be able to persuade my housemate to take some photos.

Trade-wise, I'm after something modern, with a small body and slim neck. Active electronics and humbuckers are essential, no Fenders or anything along those lines please. I'd quite like something like an Ibanez Soundgear or something like that, though the more aggressive the sound the better. I'm valuing the bass at around £600, give or take, and would like around £100+ my way in a part ex as I need to get some amps repaired etc.
I may be up for a straight sale, somewhere around £500.
Cheers.

Edited by budget bassist

Cheers mate! I'm hoping I'm not going to regret this one, it's a lovely bass, but I've got a couple of amps that need repairing, so needs must and all that...
Hoping to get my SUB bass project sorted soon anyway, only needs some soldering doing, should sound like a monster!

Edited by budget bassist

Nice :)

I'd get a bit of wire wool, polish out the dirt and give her a good wax and it will look like new :)

Worked on several worn 'shiny' bits on my thumb when i bought it :)

Quite tempted to field you an offer, but i may wait until your more interested in a cash sale.

Aye I've tried the wire wool trick, it did help a bit, but I couldn't fully get all the dirt out. I think those photos may be pre-cleaning it anyway, I'm sure it's less noticeable than those photos suggest.
I wouldn't hold your breath anyway mate, it's a nice bass, and I don't think I'll be willing to let go of it unless I find a suitable trade.

Ahpook - yeah tell me about it, one of these in black stain with gold hardware would look the dog's danglies!

• 3 weeks later...

Soooooo tempting!

I had a blast on one of these a couple of years ago & really wanted it then.
I have a SoundGear (SR1000), but I've done quite a few alterations to it (stripped to the wood, made it passive & popped a control knob for the moogs on it). If it was a 5 string then you'd have a PM.

Nice bass.