Why become a member? ×

Feeler - Fender CS Jazz

warwickhunt

I've just had a rather odd conversation (which I'm still trying to make sense of :) ) with a guy about part-exing his Fender against one of my Warwicks.

Bottom line is that he has a Custom Shop 62 Jazz, may even be a 'relic' (part of the odd conversation) and he wants something different probably a Warwick. He's giving me a call back to arrange a day to pop over and try a few different things but I want to be fore-armed before he gets here. Ideally I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in this Fender as I'm 99% certain that I don't want an expensive Jazz sitting around the house doing nothing (too many basses doing that already, hence a few more going). It is either black or sunburst (again sorry for the hazy details but it was an odd conversation that seem to bounce around so many different avenues each time one of us asked the other a question) with a tortie plate, complete with case, candy and tags etc. I don't have a number for the guy so I can't confirm till he gets back to me but I'll post full spec asap.

Please PM me and let me know if this is of interest as I'll not take it if it's going to sit around like a lemon. I'd also appreciate any input with a possible value as I'm a bit clueless with the present state of pricing for anything other than Warwicks :huh:

well thats a 64 reliced custom shop jazz

62 though seems to american vintage seiries. It one of the sexy ones with the two controls. They seem to sell for about $1499.99 new in the states

not to say the custom shop never made a 62... ive no idea but look at some pretty pictures! Edited by LukeFRC

No, I'm almost certain the guy isn't a knock-off merchant. He was just very scatty, jovial, eccentric. He knew about the bass that he had for sale he wasn't vague about it but we seemed to discuss 20 different things in the space of 10 minutes that I lost track of what was discussed :) It appears he has a fair old collection of genuine vintage instruments but wants to branch out. No I've no concerns in that respect, I just don't know enough about pricing etc.

[quote name='Beedster' post='185818' date='Apr 26 2008, 10:57 AM']FCS have made '62 NOS/relics but they didn't have stacked controls as far as I'm aware (not sure if all original '62 Jazzes had stacked controls).
Chris[/quote]

[quote name='gareth' post='185888' date='Apr 26 2008, 01:02 PM']No I don't think there is a CS 62.

Normally CS's are 64's[/quote]

If I can unravel our conversation in my head, I seem to recall asking if it was a stack-knob and it wasn't it was a 3 control model. I 'think' stack-knobs were only ever used briefly in 61/62 so he may well have said that it was a 62 but meant 62 onwards. I'll suss it out when I see it or I can ask some further focused questions.

Still not much idea of what sort of figure he wants for it or what it is worth!

I think with Custom Shop stuff, you can have what you want, I've seen CS 70's basses. Like you said, you're not sure if its a Time Machine series or not so might just be a straight CS 'reissue'.

I've seen second hand relics/CC's/NOS go for around £1,200!
Not sure how 'standard' CS's match up against the Time Machine range price wise!

I'd be semi-interested, but my Upright is still sitting here lol

Si

Edited by Sibob

[quote name='gareth' post='185888' date='Apr 26 2008, 01:02 PM']No I don't think there is a CS 62.

Normally CS's are 64's

Here is an example - right 62AVI and left 64CS[/quote]

They have made '62s, and certainly without stacked controls (I owned one, and it wasn't very good TBH). They might have made '62s with stacked controls also, I don't know. I guess the FSC make so many short runs and custom models that it's hard to really keep track of what they have produced :)
Chris