Why become a member? ×

(2) Instruments of Interest....

Eljay

Couple of twists on the Fender Jazz-

The 2nd (Trussart) is made of metal! Perforated steel, and it thumps! Looks pretty kewl in person! :D

The Slant 4 is by Michael Stevens, the first luthier of the Fender Custom Shop- He built an exact replica from the original "Blackie" Strat which sold for a ton of money at auction.

He's actually a Bassist himself, and the Slant is his J-Bass, winds the pups himself, etc. Best passive bass ever; took almost 2 years to get, but worth the wait.

The Slant Series are SUCH amazing intsruments.
[url="http://www.stevensguitars.com/models/slant4/"]http://www.stevensgu.../models/slant4/[/url]

Michael Stevens work is immaculate, the feel of the neck, the fretwork, pure genius. He's considered a Father-Figure here in the States by a lot of other Master-Builders.
Mostly guitars, but of course his Basses are awesome- Makes them in 5-6 stringers too, as well as a set-neck.
He also designed the Fender Roscoe Beck Model for Roscoe, and this is his continuation; with the dpdt switches "hidden" etc.

Very unique way of string-ferruling, done to keep an angular and taut pull on the strings. Just another design element, that along with the no-nonsense bridge, keeps this instrument amazing.

He's not cheap, but people pay that and more for "other" basses that do not have the attention to detail that he offers. There's sdme very good pics on his Facebook page as well.

[i]the slant looks like a jazz bass made by someone who actually wanted a warwick dolphin [/i]
I dunno, I have a Thumb, IMO the Stevens and 'Wicks are different builds entirely.
I dig the Dolphin Bass, would love to own/play one, but as soon as I saw pics of the Slant and read about Michaels. work, I placed my order!

Edited by Eljay

• 3 weeks later...