Why become a member? ×

Metal Speaker Cabinet Grill

petetexas

[quote name='petetexas' timestamp='1342026870' post='1728403']
Hi,

Does anyone know where Metal Speaker Grill can be purchased from (over the internet )

The type I mean is the sort of grill on Peavey TVX410 etc ?

Have tried Peavey, do not stock it.

Pete
[/quote]

Dunno if they still do but many moons ago I bought a big sheet of steel grill (with 6mm holes in it) from Halfords. Think it was for boy-racers to replace their Corsa's radiator grills. It was a lot less than £75!

OR
[url="http://www.diy.com/nav/build/building-materials/materials/metal_sheet_material/-specificproducttype-steel_panel/Steel-Panel-Perforated-Steel-Coloured-L-1000mm-x-W-500mm-9284108"]http://www.diy.com/nav/build/building-materials/materials/metal_sheet_material/-specificproducttype-steel_panel/Steel-Panel-Perforated-Steel-Coloured-L-1000mm-x-W-500mm-9284108[/url]

Edited by Big_Stu

Pop into your local farmer's outlet and get yourself some sturdy fence mesh. I picked up a square metre for a fiver recently. You want the type that EBS uses. Cut and bend it into the shape you want, then get a can of Plastikote and paint it black. You will probably need to cobble together some rubber washers (EBS use pieces of hosepipe) to provide some support when you screw it to the baffe.
The big benefit is that it's a lot lighter than the usual perforated steel stuff, although it's obviously not as sturdy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just got 2 sheets of Perforated Stainless Steel, 1200mm x 1200mm from a guy in Stourbridge ( Birmingham UK )

Cost £15 for both ! - will pick up next week

I will also ask him if he minds me putting his Mobile number up on the forum for any one else looking for metal grill.

Pete