Why become a member? ×

Sold : G & L 2000 U.S.A. Bass

Mickb1773

G & L bass for Sale .An American Version in very good Condition.Have all the hang tags Etc.
Going cheap but (there s always a but )>there is a crack in the running till the first fret.Though not a break , I had it fixed several years ago by Tony Thompson and no trouble since or ever.
[s]Price 750 Euro or £600[/s]
Drop t0 650 Euro or £505

[u][b]Details[/b][/u]
PICKUPS 2 G&L Magnetic Field humbucking pickup
BODY WOOD Swamp Ash
NECK WOOD Quartersawn Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
NECK RADIUS 12" (304.8mm)
NECK WIDTH AT NUT 1 3/4" (44.5mm)
TUNING KEYS Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
BRIDGE G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
CONTROLS G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high end EQ boost)

[attachment=112622:SANY1994.JPG][attachment=112623:SANY1995.JPG][attachment=112624:SANY1996.JPG][attachment=112625:SANY2290.JPG][attachment=112626:SANY2292.JPG]

Edited by Mickb1773

• 2 weeks later...

[sub]Hi All,[/sub]
[sub]Just an example of the work by the guy who fixed the neck:[/sub]
[sub][url="http://www.adverts.ie/electric-basses/thompson-quinta-5/1523167"]http://www.adverts.i...uinta-5/1523167[/url][/sub]
[sub]As you can see he is top class and and so is all his repair work,[/sub]
[sub]All the best,[/sub]
[sub]Mick.[/sub]

Edited by Mickb1773

I do not know how it cracked but the guy who fixed said it should have no more issues with it and that was a few years ago and it's been perfect since.He actually said where it broke would be stronger now that before it broke...wonders of PVA glue I suppose,
All the best,
Mick.

• 2 weeks later...

Still available...The main Stumbling block is of course is the the crack so I am going to try an innovative approach...if the asking price is reached, I will give the buyer one month to return the bass (at his/her expense) and I will refund the purchase price if they are not happy with the structual integerity of the Neck...So money back garunatee,
All the best,
Mick.