Why become a member? ×

something to do in west London this afternoon

MacDaddy

JULY 2012
Sun 8th 3.00pm FREE [url="http://www.lemonrock.com/redlionisleworth"]Red Lion[/url], 92-94 Linkfield Road, Isleworth, London 020 8560 1457 .

The Junkyard Dogs first gig at this fine Isleworth boozer, after a few appearances at their popular Wednesday night open mike.

There's food availble until 3.00pm, they have a selection of draught ales and a covered, heated terrace where smokers can wheeze in comfort.

Come down for a jolly afternoon's entertainment and be home in time for Coronation Street.

You'll have to miss Songs Of Praise, though.

Sorry.

A great afternoon was had a this very exclusive gig. With some sweet slide guitar and some very sweet bass courtesy of Happy Jacks' '65P, OBT and Barefaced compact. I could not believe how good this cab sounded and how light it is. I played Roadie for a while and for those of you who don't know this kit, it's stupidly light. But, of course the high point of the afternoon was seeing MacDaddy in full flight with his shocking pink Twisted Sister Jay Jay French Sig Epi Les Paul.

Aw, Sean, that bus (= large vehicle used for public transport) seems to follow and unfortunate route as far as traffic jams are concerned. Keep calm and surf t'internet...

Discreet, er, yes, I was trying a lot of different settings, and I hope quite a few of the photos will be crap and have to be deleted before handing them on to Jack, who has the unenviable task of choosing them for the band's FB and web page :ph34r: :blush: