Why become a member? ×

Highway One Jazz on Glasgow Gumtree

uke

I've been pondering over this for the last couple of hours, before deciding I don't need it as I have far too many Jazzes already!
Some decent extras too, hipshot, tort guard.
Even thought about buying it to trade for a Precision, (still might?)
[url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fender-usa-highway-1-jazz-bass-matte-sunburst-badass-2-bridge-cw-fender-gig-bag-all-tags-bits/106075631"]http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fender-usa-highway-1-jazz-bass-matte-sunburst-badass-2-bridge-cw-fender-gig-bag-all-tags-bits/106075631[/url]

ACG is great, light and plays like a dream, but honeymoon period is now over, and it has it's place along with whatever band I'm playing with! Suits some but not all, still not happy with the filter system, fantastic for modern soloist styles, but I find it difficult to get an even balance across the strings, ie: if I get a good sound on the E and A strings, sometimes the D and G sound too toppy!
Build quality is exceptional though and I use it for all rehearsals.

Superb basses for the money. When this was new they were only about £400/£450, so he's not trying to take recent price hikes into consideration, well done that man.
Think this "mark 11" kinda model had graphite rods as well, but I can't be arsed to check :P

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1342090832' post='1729319']
You could drive to Dalgety Bay and get a nice black Jazz... :ph34r:
[/quote]

and I was there only a few days ago! :)

That black Jazz... would look even better if the fingerboard was darker. Oh, what a coincidence! I have some dark wood stain in my drawer too! ;)

I'm almost certain this is the one I sold a while back. Certainly the Chromes flatwounds, Hipshot and the tort guard thrown in would match with my old one. The buyer was new to bass, so I guess he didn't really take to it. It was a really nice bass, and I regretted selling it quite a bit - If I had the cash lying around I'd give him a call!