Why become a member? ×

Concerned my boobs are too big for this :(

toneknob

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1341480609' post='1719605']
Well let's face it, everyone is irritating after you get to know them, in some ways. It's just about finding the person who irritates you the least :)
[/quote]

Speak for yourself LOLOL
Actually, I don't find him irritating; I've lived with much worse! We're both pretty laid back and easygoing

[quote name='MysticGuitar' timestamp='1341480779' post='1719614']
Speak for yourself LOLOL
Actually, I don't find him irritating; I've lived with much worse! We're both pretty laid back and easygoing
[/quote]

Honestly, laid back and easygoing people are the type that get on my nerves the most! My mum is like that (well apart from if you spill the wine, then she totally flips out) and the guitarist in my band as well. Just irritates the hell out of me.

[quote name='MysticGuitar' timestamp='1341480883' post='1719618']
Yes, I've heard your neighbors complain :lol:
[/quote]

Well the neighbour has the most irritating dog who she seems to see fit to let out into the garden every 15 minutes between 10 and 11 at night and 7 and 8 in the morning. Also she sold her house in May and she still hasn't moved out!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1341481227' post='1719622']
It's mainly his pipe smoke they object to.
[/quote]

Well if they let me smoke weed I would do that instead. But for now, it's the old pipe, right beside my slippers on the mantelpiece ;)

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='MysticGuitar' timestamp='1341472884' post='1719427']
I don't like long fingernails either, but that's probably because I've played guitar since I was a teenager and they interfere in the playing (for me). I never understood taking so much time to make fingernails long and painted or painting toenails. But then, I was raised with only brothers. I tend to be feminine in other ways and would rather spend my time pleasing my partner, making sure he's well taken care of, etc... Don't mind dressing up, but I'm not one to have a ton of clothes, shoes, nor matching handbag. I'm practical. Maybe that's why my guy married me..... haha... didn't even want a diamond ring....
[/quote]

Yes, we can all celebrate our femininity in different ways. The thing is to be confident ourselves and our own 'look'.

A bit offf topic, but on the subject of nail varnish - I don't usually bother on fingernails. It chips too easily. But on toenails, always! I had a dear friend (now sadly passed away) who was a beautiful glamour model and 'Starbird' (steady now, discreet!). One day she caught sight of my bare feet and exaclaimed 'Shelley! How [b]can [/b]you go around with those ghastly naked toe nails, get some nail polish on immediately'. She had the knack of making everything in to a joke so we had a good laugh about it. But I have worn nail varnish on my toes ever since! :lol:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1341481455' post='1719627']
You keep your slippers on the mantelpiece?

What are 'slippers' anyway? And what's a 'mantelpiece'? :lol:
[/quote]

No I don't. They're on the floor beside the pipe, which is on the mantelpiece.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireplace_mantel"]http://en.wikipedia....ireplace_mantel[/url]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippers

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1341481299' post='1719624']
Honestly, laid back and easygoing people are the type that get on my nerves the most! My mum is like that (well apart from if you spill the wine, then she totally flips out) and the guitarist in my band as well. Just irritates the hell out of me.

Well the neighbour has the most irritating dog who she seems to see fit to let out into the garden every 15 minutes between 10 and 11 at night and 7 and 8 in the morning. Also she sold her house in May and she still hasn't moved out!

Well if they let me smoke weed I would do that instead. But for now, it's the old pipe, right beside my slippers on the mantelpiece ;)
[/quote]

So this much we now know.... it bothers you when someone else is not bothered.... lol

You need a better neighbor, or a neighbor with a well behaved dog (we've got one of those yappy barking dogs who the owner just screams at)

And you have an old pipe, slippers, and a mantelpiece. Now people know what to buy you for Christmas.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1341481500' post='1719628']
Yes, we can all celebrate our femininity in different ways. The thing is to be confident ourselves and our own 'look'.
[/quote]

Yes, indeedy! :)

I'm still laughing at "naked toe nails" ! LOLOL
I used to own an Arabian horse, so long fingernails were a big no-no (they'd break off anyway), but I still can't get my head around people not liking normal toenails. I was quite amused when I first saw a friend with painted toenails as a child. Nothing wrong with it, it's like any fashion statement I guess. I just think it's funny, for some strange reason. Just like those long, fake tarantula looking eyelashes the females over here like to wear. I have to keep from laughing sometimes. I've never heard a man say, "I love your painted toenails" or "I love those fake spider eyelashes". But I know there are men out there who probably do. Yea, I know I'm weird. :P

[quote name='MysticGuitar' timestamp='1341481988' post='1719643']
So this much we now know.... it bothers you when someone else is not bothered.... lol
[/quote]

Exactly! Well the guitarist pisses me off as well because he's constantly dissing my stuff and my recordings. This is despite the fact he didn't even know the basics like the fact you're supposed to double-track guitars for stereo even though he has been at uni doing music tech for 2 years. I don't know.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1341482114' post='1719649']
Some weed and a telly.
[/quote]

Lol we have about 5 tellys in our house, including the old one in the cupboard under the stairs. Could do with a couple of baggies though.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1341481299' post='1719624']
[/quote]

Btw, EdwardHimself, "laid back and easygoing" does not mean there's no intensity/passion under the surface. I'm passionate about lots of things and will eagerly enter into debates about them (I do enjoy a good debate); however, I'm a peaceful person who doesn't let every small thing get to me. That's what I meant.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1341482554' post='1719662']
Exactly! Well the guitarist pisses me off as well because he's constantly dissing my stuff and my recordings. This is despite the fact he didn't even know the basics like the fact you're supposed to double-track guitars for stereo even though he has been at uni doing music tech for 2 years. I don't know.
[/quote]

That guitarist would piss me off, too. Besides, there's a nice way of making suggestions to someone instead of sounding critical. What's even better is to ask, "Can I make a suggestion?" before someone starts giving advice. At least that gives you an option of saying No.

[quote name='MysticGuitar' timestamp='1341483153' post='1719689']
Most women I know do paint themselves up. :)[/quote]

Which reminds me of this sexist joke:

Q: Why do women wear make-up and perfume?
A: Because they're ugly and they smell.

:lol: Ha, ha! Not a joke I'd post on a public forum with women present obviously, I... D'OH!!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1341483583' post='1719705']
Which reminds me of this sexist joke:

Q: Why do women wear make-up and perfume?
A: Because they're ugly and they smell.

:lol: Ha, ha! Not a joke I'd post on a public forum with women present obviously, I... D'OH!!
[/quote]

So you think I'm a man? :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, we have our "man" jokes, too.... Funny, aren't they? I must admit I hadn't heard your joke before. LOL Thanks for reminding me how much I hate heavy perfume.

[quote name='MysticGuitar' timestamp='1341483919' post='1719715']
So you think I'm a man? :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, we have our "man" jokes, too.... Funny, aren't they? I must admit I hadn't heard your joke before. LOL Thanks for reminding me how much I hate heavy perfume.[/quote]

Thanks for taking my post in the way it was intended! Thought my next message may be from a mod! :lol:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1341484542' post='1719743']
Thanks for taking my post in the way it was intended! Thought my next message may be from a mod! :lol:
[/quote]
Takes a lot to offend me; you forget I was raised with all brothers, so my brain tends to think that way. lol