Why become a member? ×

Another boring old 2x10 cab build

EdwardHimself

So I managed to get a couple more pieces done; the top and bottom panels, the "inner top" panel and one of the support braces. That brings us up to 9 in total, leaving 8 to go. I held a couple of bits together to see how they would fit and unfortunately the side panels appear to be about 2 mm wider than the top and bottom. No big deal though, I'll just have to plane them down a bit when I have finished mocking it all up.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1341775308' post='1723976']
Fixed for you. :P Seriously though, good work. ;)
[/quote]

You're probably not far wrong! Speaking of mock-up:

Obviously I hasten to add I didn't actually screw or glue anything down for this mockup, hence why it is all a bit off. Just a quick assembly to see if we're getting there.

Ok so I got a shipment of parts today:

This is basically everything else I didn't already have that I needed to finish the cab: handles, cable, tweeter and crossover. Also in a seperate shipment I got myself another router bit since the other one snapped.

A close up of the tweeter and crossover unit.

Done a bit of work today. Got the last 2 of the supporting battens cut out. Also cut out the hole for the crossover:

As I said before, this is intended for vertical mounting, hence why it is the orientation that it is.

I then put the panel in and drew round it. Tomorrow, I am going to put a 2 mm recess in around the line so it will sit flush with the back once everything is done. There was a small bit of wood that was designed to stiffen the speaker cabinet. I was going to cut it out separately, but I decided the scrap bit of wood from the crossover cutout would do the job :) . So now I've not just the speaker panel and another supporting piece to cut out and we're done with the cutting out of parts.

Edited by EdwardHimself

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's pretty plain to see that no-one on here really gives a sh*t about this build but here are a few more pictures at any rate:

spraying the black into the porting.

starting on the fabric upholstery

Everything mounted and fitted. The only thing that is needed now is a...

grille. I was slightly disappointed that it was only 4 mm hole size, especially compared to the eden which looks about twice that but what can you do? The sound is ok, really though I think I need to break the speakers in before I can comment on the sound. Here's a video anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejvgao7_LUE&feature=plcp

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1344427984' post='1764265']
Well it's pretty plain to see that no-one on here really gives a sh*t about this build...[/quote]

Not so! :) Looks like a bang-up job.
Great vid, too - I particularly like the way the bass makes the camera vibrate. ;)