Why become a member? ×

FS: GMR Pi bass - £300 collected

mr.noisy

Hey there, this is back up for sale due to unexpected circumistances. Always feel bad when I need to part with a good bass.

£300 on collection, first come first served. I won't go any lower.

This is a Wojtek Pilichowski GMR signature (before he moved to Mayones). GMR had two options, one was very high specs with neck-through design and boutique electronics and second one was more affordable bolt-on construction with MEC active pickups and passive electronics, but still handcrafted and exceptional quality as you would expect from this company.
This one has a Steinberger bridge with d-tuner, MEC active pickups, passive electronics, Warwick tuners, Body wood is a sandwich type with walnut on the back and top,mahogany tone block and ovangkol, neck is made of 3 pcs maple which is gently flamed, rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets, natural oil finish.
Bass sounds and feels great, has few small dings (I bought it as a display model).

I'm in Borehamwood area. Had quite a few deals here in basschat and you can find my feedback in the feedback section.

[attachment=111509:389288_389432787761040_100000829670523_1054977_1240146401_n.jpg]

[attachment=111510:IMG_0977.JPG]

[attachment=111511:IMG_0971.JPG]

Edited by mr.noisy

I would place it around £500, (but not sure if it isn't too low) might add some cash towards the right trade if something will catch my eye.
I'm always interested in some nice Warwicks, could do with some bolt on thumb, streamer or FNA. I'm not interested in Fenders. I'm fully happy with this bass but I'd like to order custom GMR soon and thats why I'm thinking about trade it:)

Edited by mr.noisy

This bass was made before GMR moved to London, but you're right, this bass is just awesome and I feel it everytime i'm picking it from the stand. And it's quite rare piece, I have no idea how many of these were made. There is no interest in this bass yet anyway.

• 1 month later...

Back up for trade, read first post for details.

Here is some sound sample. Mind the strings, they are quite worn Warwick red steels.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnYZGjcv1a0[/media]

Edited by mr.noisy

Saw your top Jamie, I'm a guy who ordered the one with walnut top, I'll see you at the London Bass Guitar Show mate. I wish to keep this one too but can't afford to buy another bass for side project and this one has a very specific sound. Definitely sounds quite original.

And thanks Andrew!

Edited by mr.noisy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...