Why become a member? ×

Warwick Bass Camp 2012

Warwick_Official

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Greetings everyone![/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]With permission from the mods, I'd like to announce a very special event this September 4 to 7, 2012 - Warwick & Framus, together with Gitarre & Bass Magazine - have announced Bass Camp 2012! The Warwick Headquarters will host a Bass Camp for the very first time. For 4 days approximately 80 bassists will have the opportunity to learn from some of the best low-end masters from around the world! (The camp will be conducted in English!)[/font][/size]

[attachment=110289:basscamp_titel.jpg]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Instructors will be: Lee Sklar, Steve Bailey, Jonas Hellborg, Divinity Roxx, Alphonso Johnson, T.M. Stevens, Andy Irvine, John B. Williams, Guy Pratt, Antonella Mazza, Günther Gebauer, Wolfgang Schmid, Jäcki Reznicek, and guitar-wizard Regi Wooten![/font][/size]

[size=4]Throughout the course, participants will have the chance to discuss topics such as playing techniques, and how to design a meaningful bass line. Drawing from their professional experience in the music business, the instructors are able offer many tips and tricks for the students, such as surviving in the real musical world. [/size]

[size=4]With the presentation of so much information and inspiration for practicing, you may like to have a change of scenery. For this we welcome you to join a guided Warwick-factory tour, visit the Framus-Museum or the Museum of Musical Instruments in Markneukirchen. [/size]
[size=4]In the evening there will be ample opportunity to engage in thoughtful exchanges: all students and lecturers of Bass Camp will be staying at a comfortable spa hotel (www.ifa-ferienpark.de). [/size]

[size=4]Participants should bring their own instruments, please. Amps will be provided by Warwick.[/size]

[size=4]All four days of Bass Camp (04.09.2012 – 07-09.2012), including five nights stay and dinners at the Hotel IFA Schöneck Ferienpark (equipped with sauna and pool), is priced at € 399 per bass player.[/size]

[size=4]For more information and registration, please see here: [/size][url="http://www1.gitarrebass.de/BassCamp/index_e.html"]http://www1.gitarreb...mp/index_e.html[/url]

[size=4]*ALSO* - Bass Camp participants are also invited to join the “Warwick 30[sup]th[/sup] Anniversary Open Day 2012” on Saturday Sept. 08, 2012. This will be an absolute blast! [/size][url="http://warwick.de/modules/infos/info.php?katID=24384&cl=EN"]http://warwick.de/mo...tID=24384&cl=EN[/url]

Thanks, and I hope to see YOU there!

bluejay, I usually fly into Nürnberg (Nuremberg) and then drive to Markneukirchen. Its a fairly rural area, so I will look into more options for those traveling without a vehicle, and get back to you with as much detailed information as possible. We'd love to see you there...thanks again for your interest! Hope to meet you in September!

Oh, that'd be fantastic, Garey, thanks. The town looks beautiful, and it's famous for luthiery, a bit like Cremona in Italy, but yes, judging by the maps on the website it seems a bit far from everywhere, so any info about how to actually travel there from the airport would very useful.

I'm seriously thinking about going, although I need to see how a couple of projects pan out before I can commit. Fingers crossed :) Thanks again!

bluejay, the nearest airport is indeed Nürnberg. You can either rent a car and drive to Markneukirchen....or take a train to Hof and continue by taxi to Markenukirchen. As I said, its very rural...and a beautiful little town. Its musical instrument making history goes back to 1644 and there are many things to-do that are music related. Its surrounded by thickly forested rolling hills and farmland...lovely! All the best...

Thank you Garey for all your help! I'm considering all my options and watching my work schedule, and will let you know of any developments.

Kiwi, what a shame, obviously too long a journey for you, but it would have been nice to have a small gathering of BCers there.
Anyone else tempted?

Edited by bluejay

C'mon out Kiwi! Its a long flight...but it'd be worth it! (I once flew from Amsterdam to Fiji, via LAX...so I know the distance!) With the timing of Bass Camp you could also join us for the 30th Anniversary Party. There will be so many of our artists attending...imagine all of them in one place at one time! Live music, meet n greets, food and drink, and more! We'd love to see you and meet in person! Not to forget, there are 200 instruments on display in our showroom... : ) Cheers!

Hi Paul,

The camp is designed for all skill levels. There will be a variety of teaching methods, taken from the various backgrounds of our instructors. The full group will be broken down into smaller groups, and will rotate between paired instructors, master classes, group lectures, and more. There will be a lot of information presented, and our lecturers intend on it being within everyone's grasp. In short, everyone is welcome! We hope to see you there! Please let me know you've got any other questions, or if I can assist in any way. Thanks!

Hello Stavros - All the details are on the page that I linked, http://basscamp.gitarrebass.de/index_e.html The cost is €399 which includes the camp tuition and hotel. You can join by following the link I provided, and following the steps for registration (At the bottom of the page it says: register here). Its that easy! Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with...hope to see you there!

Edited by Warwick_Official