Why become a member? ×

Hi all from the North East

SLaP-FU

Hi everyone, signed up a few weeks ago so i thought i'd take a moment to introduce myself.
My name is Anthony, i'm 26 years old and live in Consett in sunny County Durham and have been playing bass for some 10 years now. It all started when one of my best friends learned to slap and introduced me to a band called Primus :D never looked back from then. Since then i fell in love with the likes of Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke, T.M Stevens....well you get the idea.
Anyways that's a little intro about myself, i'd like to send my thanx to all who made this site possible, you all have done a great job and again a big hello to all basschat members from myself.

Stay funky B)

Good selection of heroes - check out the "Funk and Groove" thread for more inspiration - and look out for stuff by Light of the World's Paul "Tubbs" Williams (a great fave of mine)..be careful of threads by Bubinga5 - they always seem to cost me money..

Thanx dudes, i'll check out paul "tubbs" williams. The bass in my avatar picture is a Carl Thompson 6 string "Rainbow" bass, they're the basses Les Claypool is renowned for using . Check out www.ctbasses.com
Good to hear from another northerner " NE bass masseeeve " :D

• 1 month later...