Why become a member? ×

Now Sold Fender 'Sting signature' '55 P-bass

police squad

Ok, so I've decided to sell my 'Sting Bass'

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]£450 including horrible fender gig bag. Delivered[/b][/font][/size]
I am in a Police tribute band but nearly always play my 70s re-issue fretless and seeing as I've got a custom build '57 on order, time to move it on (I've also just ordered one of the 'union jack hofners')

I bought the bass just over 5 years ago when I started gigging with my Police band. I've taken the scratchplate off and there was a wiring rout underneath it, so I made a small block and mounted the thumbrest on it. I think it looks ok (from a distance!!)

It's been gigged (probably done about 40 gigs) and so is far from mint, the bridge is going rusty as is the control plate, there are a few dings and dents but overall it's ok. I always try and look after my stuff.

Sound wise, it's just incredible. I read somewhere that it purrs and I think that's a great description. It's a smooth sound with a little grind to it. I've used it in depping in a classic rock band too. It really is lovely.

It's got a big chunky C shaped neck and the body is lightweight ash. I don't know what year it was made, info on the net suggests anywhere between 1999 and 2002. I bought it new 5 years ago.

here are some pics, PM me for more info

Edited by police squad

I have the non-Sting signed version of this which I love but when i rest my thumb on the pickup it keeps slipping off due to the fact that the pickup end is rounded, any advice?

Great bass, have a bump on me!

[quote name='Davy' timestamp='1339020245' post='1682695']
I have the non-Sting signed version of this which I love but when i rest my thumb on the pickup it keeps slipping off due to the fact that the pickup end is rounded, any advice?

Great bass, have a bump on me!
[/quote]

I don't rest my thumb on the pickup so it's not a problem for me, but you could fit a thumb rest under the strings as a dummy pickup to rest your thumb on.

Frank.

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1339012616' post='1682511']
Do you still have the original pickguard?

Used to have one of these; I regret moving it on :(

Truckstop
[/quote]

Yes, it's on a shelf in the spare room. Took it off straight away .

Would you be interested in a trade for a Jazz fretless? Unlined neck

[b]C025935[/b] 1985 Black Fender Jazz fretless MIJ
Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan
in the Year 1985

• 3 weeks later...