Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith BT-6

Mike

[b]Now will accept £1500[/b]

Hi all

I'll level with you - I'm not going to gig with this regularly. I use it for one song per set, per gig, and it's not fair that it's a top-end bass, and going unused.

But a 5, strung E-C? That's something I could use.

Is anyone interested in a trade?

I'm probably looking at something Jazzy, 5 or 4, probably Sei or Sadowsky.

Let me know what you have!

Regards

Mike

Edited by Mike

[quote name='ped' post='181285' date='Apr 20 2008, 08:06 PM']Let me know if you are into cold hard cash my man![/quote]

Open to offers, amigo. I guess I have a rough figure from what I could get selling on commission at the Gallery, or as p/ex there.

Send me a PM :)

Hey!
How long have you had this? My mate who I haven't seen since November has one of these, identical to this one, including wear marks and everything. He was talking about selling it, but I don't think he did.. im just curious, is this his? Brent Forbes he's called. I love his BT6, its a stunning, stunning instrument. He offered it to me, but I went down the new bass route and got my Overwater.
How much are you asking for this, just out of interest? Or what value in ££ would you put on the bass? PM me a figure if you dont want anyone else to know.
It is beautiful though, and they play like a dream.... *drool* !!!! :)
Cheers, Matt

Edited by overwater#1

Ah... wow, I can't express how identical this bass is, I was truly convinced this was his!!! Its a stunner though, very very nice!!! How long have you had this bass? Its very nice! :huh: No matter, it means he still has his, so I can save up and buy his!!! ;)

I am just intrigued what sort of value you put on this bass, as he mentioned something like £2500-3000 for his? Im probably wrong at that though! It is such a great vintage however!

Thanks anyway mate, and good luck with the sale of the bass.. its stunning *droool* again :) Go on Ped, buy it, and when you're next up at Chris', il have a go ;) !!!

Best Wishes, Matt

Edited by overwater#1

• 2 months later...

can i just say that Mike is a top fella... I got to try out this bass for a potentally px on my Sei, and the Smith sounds fantastic, I just realised that I'm just not comfortable on a 6 string, otherwise this would probably be mine by now :)

• 4 weeks later...

Little bump - more open to fours, old fenders, laklands, anything interesting..! Was at the Gallery discussing commission sales and played some superb Sadowskys and also a wonderful Lakland 55-94.

[quote name='walbassist' post='249418' date='Jul 28 2008, 10:16 AM']Hi Mike

Sweet bass - the older Smiths are wonderful basses. That one must be what, late 80s or very early 90s?

Cheers

Gareth[/quote]
+1

Though I'm not a 6 string player at all, having played one of these and heard a number of them over the years, there's just something about these Ken Smiths that kind of define what a 6 string bass is IMO..

Good luck with it!