Why become a member? ×

Advice and info please.

Lord Sausage

Basically i've never really known much about the technical side of amps. I've had the same rig since i was 16. Marshall amp, Peavey speakers. Its always done the job. just plugged in and got a decent sound. However, its time for a new amp and ideally i want a combo as i still have the rig so i want something more portable for smaller gigs and i pretty much know what i want i just want some final advice and i have two questions (ish)

1. How is having a tc electronics BH500 amp going through a tc electronics 2x10 cab better than having a tc electronics BG500 210 combo, which is essentially the same amp through a 2x10. Whats the difference?

2. With regards to the combo what would be better, having the 2x10 version or the 1x15? I mainly play rock and do some theater gigs (musicals).

Cheers

With a head and cab, you have the option of swapping about, and taking just the head to shared backline gigs. Plus the cab alone will be easier to sell than a combo with a missing amp if yo don't like it.

Should probably try the 2x10 and the 1x15 for a preference, but the 2x10 has more potential to double up and do the vertical stack thing.

I'd personally go for separates - more flexibility if you're sharing stuff with support bands etc... Also a head is MUCH easier to lug around than a combo.

I'd also plump for a 2x10 instead of a 1x15, but that's just my opinion - if you possibly can take your bass to a shop and play through both. Trust your ears.