Why become a member? ×

Wireless System for bass

G.D.

Hi thanks for that , just checked that out and it looks good, uses Bluetooth instead of some radio frequency that the government will hawk to the highest bidder at some stage. Unfortunately as a try out and see type thing I think it is out of my price range. Bluetooth is so common now does anyone know / recommend any other cheaper alternatives ?
cheers
GD

AKG,Samson and Trantec do very reasonable units and tend to go for app £50 ish second hand if you just want to try it out.
Or, this AT unit is great value.
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/audio-technica-wireless-guitar-200-series-Pro-system-/130696309496?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1e6e1b6af8#ht_1100wt_885"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/audio-technica-wireless-guitar-200-series-Pro-system-/130696309496?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1e6e1b6af8#ht_1100wt_885[/url]

I've got the Line6 Relay G50 and am very pleased with it.

Even with my B-String de-tuned down to A, there is no apparent loss of frequency. Plus it's very compact and reasonably efficient with battery power.

I recently sold a old Samson Airline; these are also very good and great value for the money. I certainly had no complaints with that, I just got the Line6 as I fancied something newer.

Edited by geilerbass

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd bump this rather than begin a new thread since most of the people who have commented have the Line6.

I stuck between the G30 and G50. I've read a lot of reviews where the battery door on the G30 is really fiddly, in some cases broken off, and other stories where its opened during a gig sending the batteries flying.

I know the different features and plastic v. metal housing but its the battery door thing that would make me go for the G50. Obviously I'd like to save myself £100 if possible.

Has anyone here had any issues with the battery door or solutions to avoid anything happening mid set?

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1343632525' post='1752778']
Thought I'd bump this rather than begin a new thread since most of the people who have commented have the Line6.

I stuck between the G30 and G50. I've read a lot of reviews where the battery door on the G30 is really fiddly, in some cases broken off, and other stories where its opened during a gig sending the batteries flying.

I know the different features and plastic v. metal housing but its the battery door thing that would make me go for the G50. Obviously I'd like to save myself £100 if possible.

Has anyone here had any issues with the battery door or solutions to avoid anything happening mid set?
[/quote]

The door on the G30 is just a bit hard to open... and close. The slidey thing works well. I don't have problems to open it, two years on, and if you close it properly (i.e.: look at the slidey latchy thing -and yes, that's the technical term- ;) and make sure it's pushed towards the closed position) it will not open by itself.
Like I said, two years of usage, not a single problem with it.
The belt clip, however, doesn't inspire me confidence... so I use a Levys strap thingy for it.

I stopped using wireless kits years ago as I fruitlessly spent a lot of money looking for 'the one'. A system that didn't degrade and squish my tone. I haven't tried a Line 6 Relay system yet, but I know a couple of players that swear by them. Those praises are backed up by some BC'ers on this tread, so they must be the mutts nuts. I have been so used to being hard wired for the past few years I don't think I would ever go back to using wireless again, but if duty calls then I would definitely take a look at the Line 6 kit.

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1343687169' post='1753835']
I've been looking at a G30, and I was just wondering how many people actually use the cable tone switch. Does it make a difference?
[/quote]

It makes a difference. I have it at the 15' setting, I think. With the switch in the off position it's clearly brighter than using a cable. I use 3m or 6m cables usually, but I chose the 15' (nearer to 3m) setting and it sounds pretty much the same with cable or wireless now,