Why become a member? ×

Southampton Newbie here....

The Saint

Hi Folks

I've lurking around the forums for a month or two and getting to know people.

Through the forums, I've managed to buy an EUB, a U-Bass and am presently waiting to collect a bass guitar from fellow chatters.

I have to say that it seem very civilised here and you have some very helpful guys only too happy to pass on their experience. I'm a moderator on a non-music related forum and it's like trying to separate kids in a playground sometimes...!!

I've played guitar since I was a kid, but now looking forward to getting to grips with the rather large bass ....

Regards

Graham

Edited by The Saint

Hi Graham,

Welcome to BC. It's nice to read from lurkers that they know what to expect and still want to enlist.

Indeed, it's a larger-than-life instrument, innit? ;) Me, I love the upright too much that I even dare to come close to one. I'm soo done carrying church organs and grand pianos to gigs (even their gig bags are more than heavy enough...), so now it's only small, lightweight things for me, like bass guitars and barefaced cabs.

Enjoy!

best,
bert

Thanks Bert

I like a bit of lurking now and again....

I know what you mean about weight, my 12 stone guitar amp is about to be replaced by a mere slip of a 4 watt practice amp.

I'm finding the U-Bass is a lot easier on my back though.....

Graham

Hi Psycho

We have a couple of music shops here, Fret Music being the biggest followed by The Guitar Store and a smaller indie called the Music Shop. They each have their appeal and worth a browse although they don't have anything out of the ordinary.

[quote name='The Saint' timestamp='1338219045' post='1670981']
Small world! I still like getting down to the Rising Sun on a Sunday after a brisk walk...
[/quote]
Do you wear yellow wellies too? :)

Bikinis?! You are in a different place to the one I know. There was so much crude oil floating in the water no one would go swimming in their right minds. Mind you, that didn't stop some...

...when I was 10 we used to do the complete circuit on a Sunday afternoon. Walk past St Mary's into the woods, follow the woods around to the Nav college playing fields, across Newtown Road, down the public right of way past the Nav college to the beach and then walk along the beach back to the Rising Sun and then up Shore Road to the village. Some huge 60's houses around Hook and on Newtown Road...aah nostalgia.

Water quality is a bit better lately.

But the best bikinis are on the yachts..!!

Graham

PS. Don't know about you, but nostalgia's not what it used to be.......

Edited by The Saint

Hi and welcome.

Often going up to Southampton from Bournemouth. Glad to see Fret Music are still going! Have you been down to Aboslute Music in Bournemouth? They are opening a new superstore and plan to have lots of lovely basses. The superstore is being built right now and is about 2 miles from my house :o .

C u around.