Why become a member? ×

"The Hayman 40 40".....anybody got a spare 7 grand?!?!

EddieG

Seems a [i]weeeeeee[/i] bit extreme to me..... :o

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-73-VERY-RARE-VINTAGE-BASS-GUITAR-THE-HAYMAN-40-40-/320908134606?pt=Guitar&hash=item4ab79d88ce#ht_5840wt_1187"]http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_5840wt_1187[/url]

Jesus wept,
I had an identicle one for years, it was a fantastic instrument. I sold it for £175 about 10 years ago, the same price I'de bought it for at Dawsons Warrington back in 78.
I'me crying into my teacup seeing that, though I can't see that being a realistic price :sad:

This is where the "Make an Offer" facility comes in hand - you can offer him the opportunity to f*** himself.

This is my favourite part of the add:

[quote]The deep, lush finish became checked (spider cracks) on the back of the body at a gig in 1985 when the case was opened too fast on an extremely cold night.[/quote]

That's been my experience of [i]deep, lush finishes[/i] alright.

[quote name='CBbass' timestamp='1337806923' post='1665888']
What a crappy bass.
[/quote]

No it isn't. If you were to pick one up you'd find it is a beautifully crafted, handmade in the UK vintage bass that, in terms of build quality, can hold its head high. It does have some deficiencies. It is very heavy, has a very wide and thick neck and a weak tone. But it isn't worth anything remotely like the asking price.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1337852177' post='1666284']
No it isn't. If you were to pick one up you'd find it is a beautifully crafted, handmade in the UK vintage bass that, in terms of build quality, can hold its head high. It does have some deficiencies. It is very heavy, has a very wide and thick neck and a weak tone. But it isn't worth anything remotely like the asking price.
[/quote]
I agree on heavy and the wide thick neck but I don't remember mine having a weak tone at all - although it was 35 years ago. :(